Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest ThereIsHope

I showed my friends my skin yesterday.....

Guest ThereIsHope

I was with my 5 closest friends doing a Bible study last night and I told them to keep me in their prayers because I was going on accutane tommarow (which is now today! yippeee!) and they were all saying that I didnt need to go on it I looked great blah blah blah...............so finally I just went to the bathroom and scrubbed off half a side of make-up from my face.

You should have seen their faces when I walked back in. They now finally realize how bad my skin really is and that it is WORTHY of accutane. It felt kinda good to let them see the "real" me, but on the other hand it kinda hurt to see their reactions to my face. But I dont blame them. I wouldnt have had the same reaction as well if I had only seen me with make-up on for the past 2 and a half years.

They were sooooo sweet though! They all kept giving me hugs and telling me accutane was only going to make me even prettier.............I love my friends. :wub::wub:

Good luck on your 'tane diet.

The condition of your skin will never define your persona.

wow ur friends are really nice. ur lucky, u know. i never felt that confident to talk about my skin to a group of friends, just with a few and individually.

I wish you best of luck with your accutane course. i hope it'll clear your skin and it'll be like that forever so you never have to worry about it again. Im glad you have such understanding and supporting friends, they'll be of much help to you during the course of tane in case it can get tough.

:comfort:

yayy =) accutane today huh? good luck! gotta keep us updated ;)

btw: i showed my gallery to my friends, they couldn't believe it was me, i guess it's a good thing???

wow your friends sound so nice and understanding:) i hope all goes good with your accutane course!! you'll be happy and clearskinned before you know it!! :D

i never felt that confident to talk about my skin to a group of friends, just with a few and individually.

Same with me :doubt: dont really have friends.... GOOD LUCK lily, with accutane! :angel: :D

Guest ThereIsHope

Thanks so much guys, I really really appreciate it. I know you guys understand how I feel. Thats why I love this place. :wub:

But seriously, my friends are amazing. We are a support system, and whenever we need something we turn to each other. No matter our differences, we all see right past them and see each other as individuals and friends. I can count on them for anything, and our faith only makes our relationship stronger.

I hope and pray that all of you have/or will have great friends like mine. Well, you have me! If you guys ever need anything or just want to say hi or rant, just PM me.

We are an ACNE support system. :wub::wub::wub:

Guest ThereIsHope

*bear hugs patunox*

AAwwww you are adorable! Don't feel down! Your skin looked great in the pic I saw of you. :D

I was with my 5 closest friends doing a Bible study last night and I told them to keep me in their prayers because I was going on accutane tommarow (which is now today! yippeee!) and they were all saying that I didnt need to go on it I looked great blah blah blah...............so finally I just went to the bathroom and scrubbed off half a side of make-up from my face.

You should have seen their faces when I walked back in. They now finally realize how bad my skin really is and that it is WORTHY of accutane. It felt kinda good to let them see the "real" me, but on the other hand it kinda hurt to see their reactions to my face. But I dont blame them. I wouldnt have had the same reaction as well if I had only seen me with make-up on for the past 2 and a half years.

They were sooooo sweet though! They all kept giving me hugs and telling me accutane was only going to make me even prettier.............I love my friends. :wub: :wub:

That's awesome=)

my friends tell me my acne isn't that bad too. But they're just polite.

I wish I could have a hug. I've had like one in the past two weeks. My mom gives me hugs but that's just because she's my mom. My friends never hug me! It sucks.

I'm glad for you! :D :D :D :D

just go up and hug them

*bear hugs patunox*

AAwwww you are adorable! Don't feel down! Your skin looked great in the pic I saw of you. :D

They were sooooo sweet though! They all kept giving me hugs and telling me accutane was only going to make me even prettier.............I love my friends. :wub: :wub:

That's awesome=)

my friends tell me my acne isn't that bad too. But they're just polite.

I wish I could have a hug. I've had like one in the past two weeks. My mom gives me hugs but that's just because she's my mom. My friends never hug me! It sucks.

I'm glad for you! :D :D :D :D

just go up and hug them

Thanks lily! And probably the pic you saw was the photoshopped one =(

I could go up and hug them. That wouldn't be much fun, seeing their freaked out faces. The one that wouldn't freak out I will. The other one I won't.

how can you see their freaked out faces if you hug them? does your head turn 180 degrees?

Thanks lily! And probably the pic you saw was the photoshopped one =(

I could go up and hug them. That wouldn't be much fun, seeing their freaked out faces. The one that wouldn't freak out I will. The other one I won't.

how can you see their freaked out faces if you hug them? does your head turn 180 degrees?

Great mental picture .That made me laugh a lot. :lol:

My friends say my skin looks so nice. When we were supposed to go camping and swimming, I told one of my friends I will probably wear a tank top swimming. She said, "So you don't get sunburn?" I told her that no, I was too embarassed about the acne on my back/shoulders. She was supportive and said that she and my other friend both had acne, and that I had nothing to worry about. She was like, "We're you friends! Like we care about acne!" She even confessed to me that she might wear a tank to hide her stomach (she had lost a TON of weight and she has a little pooch).

The thing is, I decided not to wear the tank top, and I could tell everyone was looking at all the scars on my back. It was really uncomfortable. They obviously thought at first I was just being insecure over nothing. Then they saw that it actually was pretty bad. I could tell by their faces. Thing is, I had a reason to be insecure. I'm really good at hiding my insecurities. So with me, NOTHING is EVER as it seems.

Guest ThereIsHope

I just swallowed my 1st accutane pill 5 minutes ago!!! :dance::dance::dance:

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww BIBAL STUDY THATS SOO CUTE! iuno why that pic of u is like really cute too even though yur older than me.

hehe can i test you? what's so significant about miriam's song? (i think its Exodus 15:20-21)

anyways good luck with accutane!

Guest ThereIsHope

Hhhhhmmmmmmmmm, she is praising the Lord for destroying the Egyptian riders and their horses that were chasing them across the red sea.................

I wonder if its symbolic for something else too..........like Satan or something. :lol:

Anywhom thanks mikee! You are such a sweetheart. :wub::wub:

well.. thats just waht it says. its actualy because it's written in aramaic in the bible meaning its probably and EXACT quote of what she actually said. thers also a few others. you do kno what aramaic is right? anyways im off for a while byye! good luck again.

I just swallowed my 1st accutane pill 5 minutes ago!!! :dance: :dance: :dance:

i remember the feelng of excitement! :dance:

good luck lily!

thats awesome... i hope you're stoked. i start accutane in about 2 1/2 weeks from now. and i know EXACTLY how you feel about the whole make-up thing. ppl just dont know whats being covered up. my mom tells me my face is getting better and i tell her that im just getting better at covering it up. haha! but im excited for you. good luck and keep everyone posted!! :) MUAH!

<3 melly