Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest FearlessBunnyLove

Accutane and body acne?

Guest FearlessBunnyLove

Has anyone who never had a problem with body acne suddenly get it while on Accutane?

I'm a little over a week away from finishing my course and recently I'm getting these huge inflamed red painful acne-like bumps on my back and chest. They really hurt and take forever to go away.

YES!

I've never had cysts on my chest, just little bumps and pimples...I'm 3 weeks away from finishing and my skin is pretty much perfect, but last week I got a massive painful cyst on my chest.

Kind of disturbing!

I wonder what the reason is?

Guest FearlessBunnyLove

I'm not sure why you'd have those show up at the end of the course when you never had them, but make sure your derm sees them - it may be justified to extend your course.

It is weird given the fact that my skin is awesome on my face. The other thing is that my cummulative dosage is pretty high already considering my weight and daily dosage.

All I had is little red pimples and comedones on my back. And a few outbreaks on my shoulders. Once I got on tane, I was breaking out in pussed pimples on my back and even some cysts and my shoulders looked like shit!! But all is gone now.

Hmmmm...

I broke out quite a bit on my back pre tane...it was the first place on my body to completely clear. My husband commented last night how smooth my skin was.