Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mz. Deadsiemusie

iPLEDGE hate thread

Questions about the program and about birth control. If you keep that giant yellow binder handy you can get all the answers from in there.

okay. haha this is kinda like taking a drivers written test. Study the manual and answer the questions! >:P

the questions on the test are pretty easy.. just read them more than once- the wording is a little tricky

Yeah, the one about forms of birth control got me.

True or False? All forms of birth control are acceptable for iPledge. Well, I said True. I couldn't figure out what form of bc ISN'T acceptable.

Well, the answer is False. And I still don't know why.

IPLEDGE lists many forms that are unacceptable. Cervical shield, progesterone-only "mini-pills", IUD progesterone T, female condoms, methods like coitus interruptus, "family planning", etc. Essentially - methods with an unacceptably high failure rate.

IPLEDGE lists many forms that are unacceptable. Cervical shield, progesterone-only "mini-pills", IUD progesterone T, female condoms, methods like coitus interruptus, "family planning", etc. Essentially - methods with an unacceptably high failure rate.

but abstainance IS an acceptable form?

ARGH! I don't know whether i should hate thanksgiving or ipledge...but i have to delay getting my script cos my start date is 23rd....so i have to wait another 5 days or so! GRRRRRRRRRRRRR :evil:

I have to say though, ipledge call centre operators are really lovely and patient. But i still need my damn accutane! :wall:

The ipledge operators are very nice! You know what creeps me out, though? The computerized voice that says "for information about isotretinoin..." on the ipledge hotline. She sounds like an evil robot!

IIRC Abstainance is considered family planning.

what does IIRC mean?

anyway "family planning" isn't quite the same thing as abstinence. i think it means not having sex during the times when you are likely to become pregnant. religious groups who are against birth control use this method, but it doesn't always work so well.

what does IIRC mean?

anyway "family planning" isn't quite the same thing as abstinence. i think it means not having sex during the times when you are likely to become pregnant. religious groups who are against birth control use this method, but it doesn't always work so well.

If

I

Remember

Correctly

:D

My question is for beentheredonethat, I am a male and missed my 7 day window because Rite Aid didn't know what the hell they were doing. You made a post saying that males don't get hit with a 30 day wait period. So should I call my derm and ask to send the pharmacy another prescription?

ARGH! I don't know whether i should hate thanksgiving or ipledge...but i have to delay getting my script cos my start date is 23rd....so i have to wait another 5 days or so! GRRRRRRRRRRRRR :evil:

I have to say though, ipledge call centre operators are really lovely and patient. But i still need my damn accutane! :wall:

you've actually spoken to a human being at ipledge?! i've never been able to get to that part of the menu....

oh and my password has never worked on the phone system. even though it works online.

grrr.

My question is for beentheredonethat, I am a male and missed my 7 day window because Rite Aid didn't know what the hell they were doing. You made a post saying that males don't get hit with a 30 day wait period. So should I call my derm and ask to send the pharmacy another prescription?

yes

My bitch about Ipledge is that everyone (derm, doctor staff) seems so concerned with my unconvinced baby that they barely tell me about the risks to MY health.

Liver problems and severe depression are fine.. just don't get pregnant!

My bitch about Ipledge is that everyone (derm, doctor staff) seems so concerned with my unconvinced baby that they barely tell me about the risks to MY health.

Liver problems and severe depression are fine.. just don't get pregnant!

because those are relatively small risks compared to getting knocked up while on accutane.

because those are relatively small risks compared to getting knocked up while on accutane.

Well I know I'm going to get hate mail for this.. but if I did get knocked up I'd abort it anyways. I sure wouldn't call those risks 'small' anyways.

I sure wouldn't call those risks 'small' anyways.

They are small risks - statistically. Very rare. Much like the small statistical risks from other meds that you probably don't think twice about taking, like OTC pain meds. For instance, Tylenol is notorious for causing liver damage. Like it or not, the most significant side effect of Accutane IS it's birth defects and it would be very bad politics if women relied on abortion instead of reliable birth control methods when taking it.

I sure wouldn't call those risks 'small' anyways.

they are, very small. and the do blood tests to check liver function.

Hmmf what the hell is iPledge??? is it something that has to do with insurance and money issues?

no, everyone on accutane in the US has to go through iPLEDGE, it's a risk management program, since accutane causes birth defects.

It sounds like female Stephen Hawking! "I-SO-TRET-IN-OEEEEN" hehehe

that voice is so freaky. can't they just record someone?