Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I discovered the magical world of online acne boards a few months ago while searching for a cure for my breakouts. I had been using clearisil 10% bp day and nite in excess along w/clindamycin. This worked okay in highschool and my skin completely cleared this past summer, and i watched as all my redmarks faded. Unfortunately when i got to college, although i didnt change my routine, i began to break out worse than i have in years. I found acne.org and the regimen and all that and got teh 2.5 percent bp and purpose dual action moisturizer. my skin his since pretty much cleared, but i'll usually have at least 1 pimple on my face at any given time. Also now i have a bunch of red marks, which sucks cause they had almost disapeared completely.

The problems i had with the regimen tho was there was no form of exfoliation, since i wasnt using the aha moisturizer and didnt want to bother w/those types of products since they all supposidly initally cause breakouts. Also the moisturizer i was using clumped w/the bp very badly, it would take make like 10 minutes to apply bp and the moisturier by the time i finished rolling off the clumps and massaging my face w/water to get the two to mix. But i would still have a bit of white on my face, especially if i sweated during the day. Obviiously this was no good, so i searched for some new products to try. A few people brought up carley's clear and smooth soap and scrub cleanser and said it was good. I went ot the site and being the compulsive buyer that i am, bought the cleanser, some soap, and their moisturizer.

I have to say there service is excelent. I ordered saturday nite, so it wanst sent till monday, and i recived it today(wednesday.) Also although i ordered 1 bar of soap i got 3 since he sends the soap w/the other prodcuts for free. If i had known this i wouldnt have wasted the 5 bucks, but whatever, its a huge huge bar of soap. A freaking brick, lol, i actually cut it in half w/a knife so that i could lather it in one hand, and so my roomate wouldnt ask about the huge brick in the bathroom ;P

Okay, i've been typing for a while now, basically i've read a few posts about people complaining about the products, especially the moisturizer and scrub(not so much the soap) saying it broke them out. I'm a little concerned that if i use all these products at once and i break out i wont know which one caused it, so i think i'm going to hold off using the moisturizer for a couple days to see what kind of results i get from using the sand water, i mean scrub.

So if anyone has anything to say about any of these carley's products, please tell me cause i want to know. And i'm gonna keep posting to keep everyone updated w/how my experience w/carleys is going.

I swear by Carleys' Smooth & Clear. It is an essential part of my regimen. The Natural Soap is great for the times you don't use the Carley's, and I even use it as a shampoo. Even if I stopped using Carley's, I would still continue to use the Natural Soap. I had high hopes for the moisturizer as well, unfortunately it didn't work out for me. I loved the way it smelled and absorbed, but it was too heavy for my skin and broke me out. I have A LOT of trouble with moisturizers. I swear by Eucerin Renewal. If you want some advice on the Carley's, start out slow using it only once per day. Be gentle when washing with it, and do not keep it on your face for more than a minute. During the summer, I found that I could use it twice daily. Good luck...

I love Carley's soap. I also use it as my shampoo. (Went on a camping trip and used my hubby shampoo and got 3 zits on my scalp...yuck.) So, I swear by it as shampoo. It has also been great for my son's eczema. Totally off topical creams!

I like the cleanser...made great strides in getting me clear. Went from 23 active pimples to 5 in about 7 or 8 weeks. But I never got totally clear on it. So, I went to the acne cure...got 100% clear for about a minute...back to 5 active ones. ](*,) But I am trying a modified version soon...

Anyway, the moisturizer is a nice night cream. Way too greasy under make up. But it feels great. Can't say that it broke me out... Now, I'm using oil free lotion per the acne cure...but I still use Carley's on my feet, knees, etc.

thanks guys, i know that the carleys people say to use only their products...haha, of course. But what do you guys think if i use their cleanser just in the morning and just continue on with the regimen, so i am more or less just continueing what i've been doing but replacing my cetaphil bar soap w/the cleanser in the morning and their soap at nite. Also when you guys use the cleanser do you just use the cleanser, or do you use the soap too, and if you do use their soap do you use it before you use the cleanser or after(finishing soap). Wouldn't using it after just clean off all the bp anyway?

Also when you guys use the cleanser do you just use the cleanser, or do you use the soap too, and if you do use their soap do you use it before you use the cleanser or after(finishing soap).  Wouldn't using it after just clean off all the bp anyway?

Carley's cleanser is the best product I've had so far. Although like another person mentioned, it wasn't a 100% cure. I would still have some bad days while on it, although I've redefined what a "bad" day is, because it's actually much better than the bad days I used to get. But it still was noticeable.

And yeah, like others, I've tried the Acne Cure. Didn't work. I tried B5. Didn't work. So I've begun trying demodexsolutions.com, and I hope it will work where the others have failed. But it's too soon to tell if it's gonna work. I'll post my results in another 3 months (I've been on it for just 1 month now and it requires 4 months to kill all the demodex mites). But here's the kicker.... While I was initially experiencing a break-out caused by the anti-demodex creams, I used Carley's cleanser to limit the break-outs. It worked like a charm.

So for now, it looks like Carley's is my strongest weapon against acne that I have. And if nothing else comes along that's better than it, it's not a big deal. Carley's makes it very tolerable.

And yes, their service is AMAZING! They throw in lots of extras if you order a bunch of stuff from them. And they are so fast. I mean I can place an order with them on Monday and have the stuff delivered on Thursday, just a few days time. Excellent service, excellent products.

Steve

I used Carley's before, but I still break out. However, I do think it's the best soap for acne I've used. Seems to calm my pimples down(reduce swelling). And it feels really good.

Carley's works fine for me, but not alone. I have to use an AHA with it to be completely clear. I've tried using one without the other, and each resulted in new breakouts, but when I use both I never have more than 2 zits. Unfortunately I have asian skin so my red marks last forever and carley's doesn't seem to help =/. hopefully mandelic acid does the trick

This stuff works wonders for me. This seriously completely got rid of my acne. I have mild acne (maybe even below mild), but it feels good to get rid of the last traces and no signs of new pimples. This and mandelic acid have really been a great combo with one treat/preventing acne and the other removing acne scars (I dont have indented scars).