Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
shiny

strange side effect of subcision-plz help!

Hello.

I'm not sure what to make of this.I wonder if you can help.

I had subcision 2 weeks ago.Most of the swelling has gone. But there's an area which is hard when I press it (and it hurts).It's under the skin and doesn't stick out.

I'm concerned because it's like a lump under the skin.I hope it's not permanent. Any ideas? Many thanks.

shiny - were you still slightly breaking out? It may be that subcision sometimes causes inflammation because it hits on some old spot that has not fully healed yet. I suggest you email Dr Chu and see what he says.

#-o

Thanks for replying Maya

i was not breaking out at all at the time of my subcision .

I hope Dr chu hasn't messed up.I've been trying to contact him but he's very difficult to get hold of.

weird, I had subcision 6 days ago (with Dr. Chu) and all my swelling was visibly completly gone about a day ago, plus I didnt get any brusing at all, just swelling.

--CS

shiny - another thought - it may be some dried blood under the skin level - and hopefully this will break itself down over a few weeks.

If you email Dr Chu, he will normally reply within a few days.

Yes i know what you mean. I have lumpiness and it is red. It is hard but for me it doesn't hurt. I had subcision 11.5 weeks but i had roll-cit needling over it as well. It might be just hard fibrous scar tissue which forms after any skin trauma but as more elastin cells form then hopefully the skin will soften and the lump will flaten out. My skin is improving slowly daily and the needle holes seems to be filling in slightly but i still have a long way to go. However it is still looks better than the pit depression that i had before.

I can say that it is a common side effect of subcision to have firm areas. Same thing happened to me. I had an area or two that was firm for a LONG time. I panicked and the doc said it will go away in time. Sure enough it did, but it took months, but it eventually went away totally.

Paul

Don't worry Shiny. I've had the lumps a few times and they disappeared after a few months. It apparently happens after subcision. (I've had subcision 5 times so far and really believe in it). Dr Chu is pretty good at it - he did my last two treatments.