Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
antia1

How to remove pigmentation and redness?

Can anyone help me? I have redness on my right cheek that cant seem to go away. The redness appear after I have some acne breakout ( which are gone now ) so just a patch of redness there.

Also there are pigments/scars all over my face, I wonder what is an effective way to remove them? Im not sure if they are pigments or scars but there are very mild indentations. I have seen most scars are not red in colour but they are of skin colour, just that they form a dent. For me, it has very mild dents and is reddish in colour. Also, they are the result of acne disappearing since I dont go and pick on my pimples ie when my pimples are gone, they leave behind a red spot instead.

After reading some posts on this board on Mandelic acid, I have decided to purchase it myself to treat redmarks that acne has left behind. It appears many people on this board have had positive results using mandelic acid for red marks. I have only been using it for two days so its too early to tell if it is working for me, but from what this board says its highly worth a try and I am keeping my fingers crossed. The FAQ on this board might give you other options for red marks as well (tape method, weekly peels etc)

GL