Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LabGirl81

Is 'tane making me a bitch?

I swear I am getting a little bit bitchy.....not in a bad way. I'm usually really laid back about stuff.....so much that I hardly ever stand up for myself, and get stepped on, spit on kicked (figuratively speaking), but lately I've been really pissed about the little injustices that exist in the microcosim of my lab......

Yesterday this corworker who likes to bully me was up my ass about someting really stupid when I had actual work to do. She was annoying me and said the same thing like 5 times.....so I let her have it. I never do that....I usually look down and say "yes m'am" to anything she says.....but yesterday I just told her I heard her.....and that she needed to shutup and go away.........She was really suprised.......

I'm usually at a loss for words, but now the right ones keep flying out of my mouth.....

I just feel like not taking shit anymore....I don't know if it's the 'tane making me "irritable", or if I'm just sick of the situation I'm in at work..........

i don't know. it could be the accutane making you irritable. it can change your mood. just enjoy it. it sounds like a positive thing (for you anyway, not your coworkers.)

accutane, no. (NO NO NO NO)

Are you 100% sure? It can cause changes in mood. It was very unlike me to say anything to her at all besides "yes Sandra...I'll take care of it ASAP." But last night I was just like. "Okay I fucking heard you. Do it yourself, I'm busy. Shut up and go away!!!" Another coworker heard and asked me if I was okay, and said she never heard me get loud like that.........It really wan't a bad thing....she had it coming.......she'd been up my ass for weeks, about stupid shit she can do herself, but doesn't want to.............

Yeah, I agree it's the Accutane (or self confidence) I've been the same way with my Mom :angel:

It's not that I have more self confidence now that I'm clear. My skin was like a baby's ass when I started this job......and I'd still look down and say "yes m'am" or "yes, Sandra, I'll take care of it ASAP!!!" (and drop everyting to do whatever she asked). I've always been kind of a wimp (except that time when I cracked stalker boy's skull with a baseball bat). It's not because I have little self confidence, but because I tend to avoid confrontation....and avoid problems.......

But I'm sick of it. I've realized that she is a problem, and it needs to stop. So next time she asks me why I didn't order jars (when I order them every fucking time and we're supposed to take turns), or blames me when a raw material (that I'm not even using, but she is) runs out, she'll get mouthful from me.

I must say....I hope I stay like this. I'm having the best luck with this drug......I've had little side effects (my lips aren't even dry), and now I can be a bitch when I need to be......

I've always been a bitchy/moody girl esp. around PMS. It's hard to tell right now if the Accutane has made me more of a grump. But I did notice it making me more mellow when I first started.

Ya I think its accutane. A lot of people are telling me that I am so aggressive these days lol, I kinda like it though ;)

maybe accutane is making you more irritable?

For me, tane weakened me severely. I was just so down in the dumps i couldn't stand upfor myself. I was an easy target... It was open season for any1 to walk all over me, to eat me up and spit me out etc...

Now im not exactly living strong lol, but atleast im not as weak as i was.. im still mr.niceguy wayy too much and this pisses me off, but atleast now i get anger sometimes that makes me feel like i wont put up with anyone..last yr i only got depression that made me feel inferior to every1.

Try to keep a cool head though. don't let other see you gettin too angry, because if they really r trying to piss u off, then seeing u get angry will give them the satisfaction.

I think it’s the accutane. I recently started taking tane myself and just the other night I blew my lid with a dear friend. I'm always a very mellow and extremely patient person but that night I felt like I had had enough and spoke my mind very loudly and to the point. My friend is not a patient person, she's often pretty demanding and has been known to shovel out attitude by the bucket loads when she's upset or frustrated. Usually I let her get away with taking her anger or frustrations out on me because I know how stressed out she is and I'm a pretty tolerant and understanding person so it doesn't effect me all that much. I'd rather she de-stress with me than take it out on someone else who might not be able to handle it. But the other night I just wasn't feeling her attitude and to top it off I was going out of my way being nice to her and trying to help her out, in the end I felt insulted and roared some pretty harsh words over the phone. Since then I've felt like a major a-hole. I think it is definitely the accutane... I didn't even mean to lash out, it just happened without me even thinking which is very unusual for me because I'm a pretty calculated personality who almost never acts without thought.

Guest max_powers585

I swear I am getting a little bit bitchy.....not in a bad way. I'm usually really laid back about stuff.....so much that I hardly ever stand up for myself, and get stepped on, spit on kicked (figuratively speaking), but lately I've been really pissed about the little injustices that exist in the microcosim of my lab......

Yesterday this corworker who likes to bully me was up my ass about someting really stupid when I had actual work to do. She was annoying me and said the same thing like 5 times.....so I let her have it. I never do that....I usually look down and say "yes m'am" to anything she says.....but yesterday I just told her I heard her.....and that she needed to shutup and go away.........She was really suprised.......

I'm usually at a loss for words, but now the right ones keep flying out of my mouth.....

I just feel like not taking shit anymore....I don't know if it's the 'tane making me "irritable", or if I'm just sick of the situation I'm in at work..........

i know what it is since you know ur getting clearer you feel like you could be a bitch now.. jajaj no im just kidding that co worker deserve it..

It's not that I have more self confidence now that I'm clear. My skin was like a baby's ass when I started this job......and I'd still look down and say "yes m'am" or "yes, Sandra, I'll take care of it ASAP!!!" (and drop everyting to do whatever she asked). I've always been kind of a wimp (except that time when I cracked stalker boy's skull with a baseball bat). It's not because I have little self confidence, but because I tend to avoid confrontation....and avoid problems.......

But I'm sick of it. I've realized that she is a problem, and it needs to stop. So next time she asks me why I didn't order jars (when I order them every fucking time and we're supposed to take turns), or blames me when a raw material (that I'm not even using, but she is) runs out, she'll get mouthful from me.

I must say....I hope I stay like this. I'm having the best luck with this drug......I've had little side effects (my lips aren't even dry), and now I can be a bitch when I need to be......

I think it's awesome you told her off, maybe now she'll lay off your back, enjoy your aggressiveness ;)

You tell her Labgirl!

I don't think it's the tane.

I did it again to her yesterday. She was trying to tell me I needed to do someting that she had to do for the same project. My boss's boss didn't tell me to do it with my project, but told her to do it with hers......the projects are really similar.....so she was arguing with me that I had to make an additional batch, and she started to bug me so I just told her....."Listen, let (our director), tell me to make the batch, as far as I know I don't have to make it, now shut up and worry about your own work." I guess I was kinda loud so she was asked "what's wrong with you lately? What's with the attitude?" I rolled my eyes and walked away.....Turns out I didn't have to make the batch anyway.......stupid know it all......

I did it to another coworker too.....this older woman we work with always comes over to our lab to bug me....specifically me....because I usually help her lift heavy things, open hard to open stuff, and help her with stupid shit she can do herself but is too lazy (like look up infomation about raw material's she's using in her products).....Yesterday I was taking a break to eat lunch. I usually get an hour, but I had a lot to do so my lunch was only like 10 minutes. She came up to me to ask me to look someting up for her, while I was clearly eating my lunch (during our lunch hour). Instade of droppingmy lunch and looking up whatever it was she wanted to find out just told her that I was eating my lunch, and to do it herself, because I'd be busy after lunch too.......She also asked me why I had an attitude.....

I'm sick of helping these idiots. I don't have to do anything they ask....we all have the same position. So I'm done helping people.....they can find a guy to lift heavy stuff and open hard to open jars. They don't need me.

I maybe I am more irritable. I just don't have the patience I used to. It's not really a bad thing though....

I wonder what will happen when my boss gets back from vacation. She's the queen of getting under my skin.....I'm sure she'll get a mouthful too, the minute she says someting offensive to me (she's not a classy lady at all, and often says things she really shouldn't).........

Whoa - you rule!! It's pretty pathetic how your co-workers try to make it sound like you have an attitude, simply for being assertive and not jumping at their beck and call. Find yourselves a new whipping girl, people!! :lol:

ive been getting mood swings lately. i get really frustrated and sometimes get mad over stupid things. i sometimes punch my desk over video games and ive never done that before. its weird but its not too bad. i only do it when im alone.

Yeah, I agree it's the Accutane (or self confidence) I've been the same way with my Mom :angel:

Well, maybe accutane was your first step in taking care you Y O U. You may have been headed toward this new attitude anyway.

Good luck adjusting to the new 'tude.

Platinum

Its because your too nice :angel:

Instead of being bluntly rude to your coworkers, I would try to say the same thing but in a different way. As for the lunch lady, you could just say, im sorry, im eating right now, and i dont think ill have time today. That basically says no but in a nicer way.

I dunno, i think its awesome what you DID say hahaha but at the same time, you dont want to form a hostile environment everytime you go to work. Those are no fun :snooty:

But honestly, you need to quit that job anyway and go be a brain surgeon ;)