Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
chelch

Post Accutane Laser Surgery

I have been off accutane for about 20 days now. I was left with alot of redmarks on my arms only from cystic acne. Anyway..I went to a consultaion the other day for getting VBEAM and the doctor stated he didnt want to do the procedure due to possible complications with myself just ending the medication. The doctor told me to come back in 5-6 months!?!? A doctor that doesnt want to take my money??? :D

Has anyone here had laser surgery soon after ending the tane? Any horror stories? I just dont feel I can waith that long to remove my red marks. Any suggestions would be appreciated. :D

I went for a consultation for the lazer surgery and he told me to come back in 6 months also, I don't want to wait that long either but I know it's best, besides you don't want something to go wrong and have it scar your face much worse than it is because right now your skin is so thin! I'm sure your scars will fade during that 6 month wait anyways and you'll only need 1 treatment by then and it'll save you lots of $$

DO NOT GO NEAR SMOOTHBEAM OR VBEAM FOR AT LEAST 5-6 MONTHS. I had treatments BEFORE accutane and I had blistering and redness that would last a week at a time. I can't even imagine what would have happened during accutane.

Chances are, if a doctor tells you to wait, it's in your best interest to (I mean, they DID go through about 6+ years of med school to get where they are, plus a lot of experience)...

He knows he'll get to take your money soon enough. ;)