Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ami24

something I've noticed...

Since I've been following the regimen (not sure what to call it now lol) I've been pretty careful whenever I touch my face especially in regards to washing. I noticed that my forehead is like the smoothest area of my face and I got to thinking, this is the area I touch the least because I don't worry about it as much. So I thought to try not to touch my upper cheeks as much when washing and the past couple of days I've noticed they're smoothing out too. So my theory is this, yes one should not only wash VERY gently but one shouldn't wash an area for more than like 1 second. I've been timing myself to make sure I don't overscrub and usually i do about 10 secs. for my whole face. well now i'm just BARELY and i mean barely touching my face with my facial wash (i'm not working it into my skin at all) and i'm noticing my skin thanking me for it. I'm dropping my wash to like 8 or 9 seconds and just touching each area (both cheeks, forehead, chin etc.) for 1-2 seconds max and just barely grazing the fingers over it. Anyway it's helping me to have smoother skin :D

maybe this is what i needed to hear, i shall try this. good post. post more regimen tips if you can. one of mine is since i break out in my whole face, it works better for me if i rub the bp in my chin only first til it dries, then do my cheeks, then forehead, then nose and mustasche. i stopped getting such HUGE pimples on my chin like i used to cause of this.

We all need little taps on the shoulder like this one. Something to be mindful of. Thanks for posting! I think we all (or at least me, anyway) have a tendency to slack off or not totally pay attention to what we're doing, or get laxadasical. I will pay better attention to this and see if I notice a change. My skin is always driest after cleansing and maybe shortening my wash time will alleviate this.

Glad to hear I've posted something useful :cool: My lower cheeks feel a little softer today, let me know how it works out for the rest of you guys!