Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rhyme

Some questions: esp for those with oily skin

Hi, I'm on my 4th week of CSR and I must say that it's a lot more effective than the lotions that my derma prescribed. I'm looking forward to further results in the coming weeks.

I have several questions, especially for those who like me, have oily skin. I'm currently using Cetaphil "bar soap" (since it's technically not a soap, I don't really know what to call it) and moisturizer, but then I noticed that the products are meant for "dry, sensitive skin". Is it a-okay since BP dries out the skin anyway, or could you recommend other products specific to my skin type?

Anyway, my only problem is that my face tends to get shiny and oily throughout the day--not that it wasn't a problem before I began CSR. Oil control films help a lot, but again, any recommendations to reduce the shine and oiliness?

Also, to those with dermas out there, do you still go on facials and extractions while on CSR? I love the feeling of being blackhead and whitehead free after facials. Would it interfere with the regimen?

Thanks a lot for any input!