Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
klvoe

Pores and bareMinerals

While I wait on my samples from Everyday Minerals, Aubrey Nicole, AND Joppa and suffer clogged pores and teeny-tiny bumps from the pores, can someone remind me of what is in bareminerals that disagrees with so many people's face? I keep getting these small bumps that only I can notice, but I know they are from my makeup.

i think i have heard that it is the cornstarch in the finishing silk (but im not positive) that irritates skin

Thanks! Whatever it is, my pores look awful and huge under the makeup, but now that I have my samples of the new ones, they are nicely covered.

The most commom irritants in mineral make-up are: Bismuth Oxycloride, Cornstarch, Clay, & Mica. Everyone reacts differently and depending on the formulation, they can make you itch, look shiny, break out, or cause redness. Clay generally is a good ingredient, but if too much is added or if you have sensitive skin, it can make you itch or your skin feel tight. Mica can make some people red, but just tends to make you look oily or break out. Bismuth is known to cause itching in most, especially in warm weather, and also causes shine.

If your pores are emphasized after you apply mineral make-up, you probably are using too much. Try using less! You really only need to start with a tiny amount about the size of a pencil eraser.

The most commom irritants in mineral make-up are: Bismuth Oxycloride, Cornstarch, Clay, & Mica. Everyone reacts differently and depending on the formulation, they can make you itch, look shiny, break out, or cause redness. Clay generally is a good ingredient, but if too much is added or if you have sensitive skin, it can make you itch or your skin feel tight. Mica can make some people red, but just tends to make you look oily or break out. Bismuth is known to cause itching in most, especially in warm weather, and also causes shine.

If your pores are emphasized after you apply mineral make-up, you probably are using too much. Try using less! You really only need to start with a tiny amount about the size of a pencil eraser.

Really?! Wow! Any more application tips? I am really getting into mineral makeup, but I still have so much to learn!