Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest mr_eusly

Accutane Dangers

Guest mr_eusly

There have been way too many posts of peope rudely disagreeing with people who say Accutane causes birth defects. Those people don't know how to think.

The FDA website warns about birth defects and SUICIDE!!!

Roche (the manufacturer) even has a label of a pregnant woman with a slash through her body (a big NO!)

It says it caps CAUSES BIRTH DEFECTS DO NOT GET PREGNANT! If you still can't understand this. Go to

http://www.fda.gov/cder/foi/label/2005/018662s056lbl.pdf

CLICK ON ABOVE LINK TO BE DEMYTHED and educated!

BTW, birth defects include spontaneous abortion, I.Q. below 85, abnormalities of the face, skull, etc..... so says the people that manufacture it!!!

I don't think anyone is arguing that accutane causes birth defects. it's a well known side effect.

and the suicide link is questionable.

.. i actually don't know of anyone who denied that actuane causes birth defects.

everyone knows that accutane causes birth defects..... why do you think there's so much red tape to go through if you are a woman who goes on accutane? DUH. There's a reason every single pill has a little pregnant woman with a big red line through it, they don't put it on there to be CUTE, lol!!!!!!

accutane does not cause people to commit suicide, PERIOD.

well, it may noone knows for sure, but there isn't an increased rate of suicide with accutane patients than with the general population, actually the rate of suicide is lower.

Who denied that it causes birth defects? The birth defect side effect can be managed however, since it ONLY causes birth defects if the fetus is directly exposed to abnormally high levels of isotretinoin in the early stages of development. If proper birth control methods are used for one month before, all during, and one month after treatment there should be no exposed pregnancies. But some people claim that it can continue to cause them past the one month post-treatment mark, which is completely false.

The suicide link is pure politics. The rate of suicide while on Accutane is LOWER than that of the general population.

Moving this to the Accutane board.

ive never once seen a post made that disagrees about accutane causing birth defects.... ??? where did that statement come from?!

As previously posted there is so much red tape to get through to get accutane prescribed..... i think everyone knows the risks....

ive never once seen a post made that disagrees about accutane causing birth defects.... ??? where did that statement come from?!

As previously posted there is so much red tape to get through to get accutane prescribed..... i think everyone knows the risks....

he was referring to someone who posted that you cannot get birth defects AFTER you stop taking it. which is true, after accutane is out of your system, in about a month, it is safe to become pregnant. he is just misinformed.

There have been way too many posts of peope rudely disagreeing with people who say Accutane causes birth defects. Those people don't know how to think.

Roche (the manufacturer) even has a label of a pregnant woman with a slash through her body (a big NO!)

It says it caps CAUSES BIRTH DEFECTS DO NOT GET PREGNANT! If you still can't understand this. Go to

BTW, birth defects include spontaneous abortion, I.Q. below 85, abnormalities of the face, skull, etc..... so says the people that manufacture it!!!

If anyone disagrees that accutane causes birth defects then you are right, these people do not know how to think but if you're trying to talk people out of accutane... well, birth defects can be prevented if you don't get pregnant and it's not like anyone goes on this drug for kicks. By the way, the suicide effect has not been clinically proven to be linked to accutane.

Just a thought... If accutane causes such deformations in newborn babies, then it should have similar effects on people who are still in the process of fast physical/mental development, people younger than 18 years old for instance... perhaps this is the reason some people stop growing in height after taking accutane... (I heard people say that they stopped growing after tane) I was actually wondering if that is true. If accutane does stop your growth in height, it should logically also stop your bone development such as thickening of bones. Does anybody have more information on this? Thanks!

Just a thought... If accutane causes such deformations in newborn babies, then it should have similar effects on people who are still in the process of fast physical/mental development, people younger than 18 years old for instance... perhaps this is the reason some people stop growing in height after taking accutane... (I heard people say that they stopped growing after tane) I was actually wondering if that is true. If accutane does stop your growth in height, it should logically also stop your bone development such as thickening of bones. Does anybody have more information on this? Thanks!

it is safe pretty safe to take after puberty. birth defects are caused before the baby is born. it isn't a good idea to give young children accutane obviously but, there is a certain disease, i can't remember what, that is treated with accutane at a young age.

people have grown after accutane and some people haven't. accutane won't definitely stop you from growing, but it may, no one knows for sure if the people who stopped growing were done growing anyway or if it was the accutane. personally i have grown since i started accutane. my pants are short on me now, so it definitely didn't stop me from growing.

perhaps this is the reason some people stop growing in height after taking accutane...

I stopped growing when I was 12........ I wonder what caused it? oh yeah, some people stop growing before they are 18! ;)

perhaps this is the reason some people stop growing in height after taking accutane...

I stopped growing when I was 12........ I wonder what caused it? oh yeah, some people stop growing before they are 18! ;)

As you probably know, most girls/young women pretty much stop growing with menarchy (onset of menstruation). That's often at 12-15 years old. Boys develop slower (also well known) and often don't reach full height until late teens.

I do not know anything about the possible effects of accutane on growth for young people.

As you probably know, most girls/young women pretty much stop growing with menarchy (onset of menstruation). That's often at 12-15 years old. Boys develop slower (also well known) and often don't reach full height until late teens.

I do not know anything about the possible effects of accutane on growth for young people.

actually a lot of guys keep growing until there like 23

I might suggest (1) you learn to read what others write instead of posting this sort of stuff and (2) you change your handle to mr_eusless since the stuff you're writing is defintiely not helpful or truthful at all.

Exactly, but DOES accutane stop the growth or not? It seems like it does... as well as any other physical development lol (at least makes it slower)

like i said before, they don't know. it definitely doesn't for everyone, people have grown after accutane, i've grown while taking accutane. but some people haven't grown after taking accutane. they don't know if this is accutane related or if those people were done growing. but it isn't uncommon for people to grow after a course of accutane.

Exactly, but DOES accutane stop the growth or not? It seems like it does... as well as any other physical development lol (at least makes it slower)

like i said before, they don't know. it definitely doesn't for everyone, people have grown after accutane, i've grown while taking accutane. but some people haven't grown after taking accutane. they don't know if this is accutane related or if those people were done growing. but it isn't uncommon for people to grow after a course of accutane.

Jordan19,

You mentioned that you grew while taking accutane, what age did you take it, how old are you now,what was your height before accutane and what is it now? I am considering putting my son on accutane, but I trying to research the bone growth issue. thanks.

WHO ON EARTH IS THIS MORON THAT TOOK IT UPON HIMSELF TO TELL US THE MOST OBVIOUS THING EVER ABOUT ACCUTANE? WHAT A COMPLETE FOOL!