Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Arkanoid

Make up help for a guy

Hello,

This isn't really related to acne, but I thought I might get some good advice here. Basically, I have an area on my cheek that is lighter than the surrounding skin, due to a surgical cyst removal. I'd ideally like to wear something on a daily basis to slightly darken the skin in this area.

Being a guy, this might not be so easy, and I don't know a thing about make-up. I figure my options are something like:

liquid foundation

powder foundation

tinted moisturizer

Any thoughts on the pros/cons of trying the above, or any other suggestions on what I might try? Thanks in advance for any advice!

Hello,

This isn't really related to acne, but I thought I might get some good advice here. Basically, I have an area on my cheek that is lighter than the surrounding skin, due to a surgical cyst removal. I'd ideally like to wear something on a daily basis to slightly darken the skin in this area.

Being a guy, this might not be so easy, and I don't know a thing about make-up. I figure my options are something like:

liquid foundation

powder foundation

tinted moisturizer

Any thoughts on the pros/cons of trying the above, or any other suggestions on what I might try? Thanks in advance for any advice!

if you could post a picture it would help alot.

Tinted moitsurizer wont do what you're wanting. Power foundation...its hard to say.

Liquid foundation would work the best i think. Maybe it mousse form. You can find whipped foundation at drug stores. they're easy to apply with your finger tip and you can just put it on certain spots. I LOVE LOVE LOVE Cover Girl TruBlend Whipped foundation. Its great for covering up patches of skin since it blends really well. http://www.covergirl.com/cgcollection/face...oundation.jhtml

anyway...thats what i think. post a pic if you can!!

Hi Stevie Lee,

Thanks for the suggestions; I actually don't have a digicam unfortunately, so I can't put up a pic. I don't actually know helpful a pic will be; it's a pretty garden variety lightened area of skin. It's quite a bit more apparent under bright light than in normal lighting.

Any other suggestions from Stevie or anyone?

Guest blackheadben

Liquid foundation offers anywhere from light to full coverage. Tinted moisturizer always is very sheer. About powder foundation, I don't like it, it always looks fake to me. There is, however, a difference between powder foundation and just plain powder. Powder foundation is opaque like liquid foundation but just plain powder, even if it is colored, will not cover that much. I reccommend using a good liquid foundation and topping it off with just a little regular powder.

Dermablend Quick Fix concealer stick.

put it on the area with a Q-tip to blend it.

It will work nicely and hardly noticable.

I use it on my arms and legs to cover up bruises too!

Works great!

Go tanning? Self-Tanner?

Umm that's all I know, it helps even out my skin.

Actually, hypopigmented skin does not tan as other skin does (as there is not as much melanin). While the skin may tan a bit, the rest of your face will tan even more, making it more noticeable.

This might sound stupid, but any tips on how to find the right color, short of going to a make-up store? If not, I might just buy a whole bunch of shades and try them out at home.

Guest blackheadben

If you are fair, try buying ivory, buff, and whatever the next shade is. Try them out at home. Same goes for if you are medium skinned, buy beige, warm beige, creamy natural or whatever the hell that brand calls it. Same goes for if you are dark skinned. Get it? Good. Return the ones that don't match and make sure you go to walmart cause they let you return anything :lol: I am very fair so Ivory always matches me perfectly. Sometimes I have to buy buff if the ivory is too pink but only very rarely since the buff is a better yellowy shade for me but is often too dark. No one can pull off foundation that is too dark. Or too light for that matter. It should match as closely as possible.