Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest ThereIsHope

How dare you defy my screen-name???? :evil:

But seriously Ben, why do you say that???

How dare you defy my screen-name???? :evil:

But seriously Ben, why do you say that???

I'm sitting here watching An Inconvenient Truth and I'm realizing more then ever that nothings ever going to change, we're doomed to be guided by greed filled crooks our whole lives, nothing will ever change.

Guest ThereIsHope

Well, thats just human nature Ben, and of course that will never change. But I have hope..........hope in God.........I can't explain it. Its just my faith.

Never give up! Never surrender! :cool:

There IS hope, Charles. There is always hope. There has to be.

Why continue living if there is none?

That's how I justify hope to myself. If I truly believed there was no hope for this world, I would have killed myself ages ago. But seeing as I am here, typing this response, obviously I have come up with something. :)

It's small and sometimes my reasons for hope are mine alone, but it is there and that is what is important.

A quote I like. "If you have no legs, run. If you have no voice, scream. If you have no hope, INVENT."

There IS hope, Charles. There is always hope. There has to be.

Why continue living if there is none?

That's how I justify hope to myself. If I truly believed there was no hope for this world, I would have killed myself ages ago. But seeing as I am here, typing this response, obviously I have come up with something. :)

It's small and sometimes my reasons for hope are mine alone, but it is there and that is what is important.

A quote I like. "If you have no legs, run. If you have no voice, scream. If you have no hope, INVENT."

It's not easy though. Cause sometimes you can have your closest friends, family tell you that and yet you, yourself cant see it. It's kind of ironic how you can put all your trust into people you love and sometimes can't believe them when they tell you things are gonna work out.

It is not always easy, no. But that is why it is worth it.

Platitudes, yes. Cliche? Often. But if it helps you get through just one more day, than that is worth it and true.

A friend of mine used to say "You don't have to believe, Teressa. I'll believe. I'll believe enough for both of us. And all you have to do right now is believe that SOMEDAY you'll believe."

I couldn't believe that everything would turn out okay right then, but I could nod my head and think "Maybe someday - years from now. Okay. I can believe that maybe someday I'll believe, if that's what my friend believes."

Roundabout and cliche, but it helped me through some very difficult times.

It is not always easy, no. But that is why it is worth it.

Platitudes, yes. Cliche? Often. But if it helps you get through just one more day, than that is worth it and true.

A friend of mine used to say "You don't have to believe, Teressa. I'll believe. I'll believe enough for both of us. And all you have to do right now is believe that SOMEDAY you'll believe."

I couldn't believe that everything would turn out okay right then, but I could nod my head and think "Maybe someday - years from now. Okay. I can believe that maybe someday I'll believe, if that's what my friend believes."

Roundabout and cliche, but it helped me through some very difficult times.

So believe you can be okay even when you know your not? It wouldn't be easy for me but I can definely see it working more than not believing, cause how would that get you anywhere.

Thanks elsewhere :)

I know how you feel. I walk and ride my bike, take the train everywhere I can. I'll be walking to work or to the train station for school and I'll see some asshole driving by in a Hummer, burning enough gas for 2 cars. It seems that for every person that gives a damn and tries to make a difference, there are ten that couldn't care less and undue any progress.

Your welcome, sonnie. And thank you for sharing - that's a big part of what helps me through the bad times. People sharing. That's how this whole damn wheel keeps a'turning. :)

Hummers are bizzare. American cars in general are bizzare and large. Everytime I see a news piece for the BBC (which we get here in America on my local tv programming), I'm always amazed at how tiny the cars over there are!!

I know how you feel. I walk and ride my bike, take the train everywhere I can. I'll be walking to work or to the train station for school and I'll see some asshole driving by in a Hummer, burning enough gas for 2 cars. It seems that for every person that gives a damn and tries to make a difference, there are ten that couldn't care less and undue any progress.

oh I'm with you. I can't stand people who don't give two shits about the environment.

This world is dying, we live with it, not on it. How can you not care?

that's good..."be the change you wish to see in the world"

i hate hummers...!

that's good..."be the change you wish to see in the world"

i hate hummers...!

I try, but sometimes it gets tiring. I mean, it does take longer to get places walking and I have to wake up earlier. Some days I want to say screw it amd just drive everywhere. Luckily the days where I stick to my guns outweigh the "screw it" days. At least for now.