Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Since beginning Accutane my acne has calmed down alot. Now, I'm left with the usual red marks, uneven skin tone, etc. What worries me is that my skin looks so damaged. Does anyone here know of anything that helps heal and repair your skin? Something good and not all that commerical crap they try to break you with.

:)

Try epsom salt, baking soda and apple cidar vinegar. I'm been using them and my skin looks so much better now. Steaming is really good for your skin too. These are all great natural things that will make your skin look really good! You can use the epsom and baking soda as scrubs/exfoiliants and use the acv diluted with water for a toner/astringent.

I've heard about using all of these things, but never really considered using them. I was hoping there was an all-in-one product or something that was really good, like a cream or mask...but I'm just really desperate to find something that will do something for my horrible skin... :doubt:

Sounds like you need a good quality moisturizer. Did you derm not recommend one?

Yeah, he recommended Cetaphil moisturizer, but I was just wondering if there was a treatment that actually worked to repair skin, not just keep it hydrated.

I hate my skin so much right now...*sigh*

Try treating your skin from the inside out. Take a multi-vitamin daily for sure. And you might want to try Vitamin A, C, E, and Zinc as these are known supplements for healthy skin. I'm trying several out myself, we'll see what happens :cool:

I wouldn't try the differin, baking soda etc whilst you are on Accutane. Your skin is likely to be in a more fragile state and adding additional topicals may aggravate it. Also, I don't think you can really assess what condition your skin is in until the course is finished. Whilst on my course all I did was wash my face and moisturise with a mixture of aloe vera and a few drops of jojoba oil. I think the aloe vera / jojoba oil mixture did help the healing process somewhat and both ingredients are natural and apparently non acne promoting. Good luck.

Red light is supposed to help accelerate the healing process. Other than that, the other recommendations so far sound good.

Since beginning Accutane my acne has calmed down alot. Now, I'm left with the usual red marks, uneven skin tone, etc. What worries me is that my skin looks so damaged. Does anyone here know of anything that helps heal and repair your skin? Something good and not all that commerical crap they try to break you with.

:)

Try epsom salt, baking soda and apple cidar vinegar. I'm been using them and my skin looks so much better now. Steaming is really good for your skin too. These are all great natural things that will make your skin look really good! You can use the epsom and baking soda as scrubs/exfoiliants and use the acv diluted with water for a toner/astringent.

hey chacham,

i have the same problem, but mine has been caused by all the BP (i no longer use BP, and won't ever again). my skin on my affected area (chin/around mouth) is severely dry inside, but excessively oily on the surface. it is irritated, redish/brownish (naturally very fair), itchy, and almost constantly "burning." i use an incredibly mild cleanser, and barely exfoliate (but do so gently when i do). for about a week i have even been using Cetaphil cream (not the lotion) to moisturize at night! :doh: (it is thicker and more emollient than anything else, and has done wonders for my hands/body, so i figured, why not?) i have been using jojoba oil during the day, which i'm beginning to eye suspiciously as a contributor here.

anyway, my skin is really a mess too. i don't know if it'll ever go back to "normal" but i want to try. i haven't tried epsom salt yet, but baking soda and ACV, as well as aspirin masks, have contributed to my problems, so i wanted to put in my 2 cents about that before you rush out and start on them. i agree with Brandy, who said you may just need an excellent moisturizer. you may want to hold off on bombarding your skin with an avalanche of new products until you're done w/the accutane. i know for me, all the product experimentation -- even though they're "natural" products -- has only made things worse.

someone was recommending "green cream" to me the other day, but i think more chemicals are just a bad idea. i don't really know what to do. :wall: