Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I just had my dinner and i was sittin at the table with my mum and sister, i was staring into space 9as i sometimes do) and my mum asked me whats the matter, and out of nowhere, i just started crying....hysterically crying! I dont think ive felt so low in my life. :cry::cry::cry: My acne has gotten be down so bad and its stuck on my brain most of the time...and, i duno! Feeling kinda emotionally numb today!

And my mum is worried about me coz my appetite has deteriorated lately..ive not thougth much about it, but shes right..i hardly eat these days. Maybe coz im always worried about stuff like acne. No wonder why ive lost weight! I had a phase last year when i would eat minimally and people were soo worried about me! dont wanna go thru that again!

I need help...i think i should get a doctor appointment pretty soon coz ive never felt to horrible in my life. I feel like one massive wreck! :confused::cry:

i feel lost

just had a nasty week and needed to vent

aww Laura :comfort: I'm sorry, but I agree with you, go see a doctor, hope ya feel better sweetie

u can pm me if u want to talk :angel:

Awww, poor Laura. I seem to be doing that a lot lately.. just breaking down and crying. hopefully it'll get better. If you feel you need some real help or just need to vent to someone, go to doctors. Or I'm always around. *hug*

aww Laura :comfort: I'm sorry, but I agree with you, go see a doctor, hope ya feel better sweetie

u can pm me if u want to talk :angel:

thanku!

tomorrow im gona ring doctors coz i need sorting out! I have no idea whats goin on with me these days!

Awww, poor Laura. I seem to be doing that a lot lately.. just breaking down and crying. hopefully it'll get better. If you feel you need some real help or just need to vent to someone, go to doctors. Or I'm always around. *hug*

thnx! :angel:

i really hate the feeling of breaking down crying...its horrible. Normally makes me feel better, but this time, i feel a lot worse! i need to try n snap out of it soon! :cry:

The doctor can be amazing. I know what it feels like to feel overwhelmed. I won't make your acne seem like less of an issue because it has affected me so much in life. But at 17 I devloped panic disorder from 1 seemingly innocent panic attack......I felt completely trapped in my own body, was so out of it at times was suffering from derealization/deporsonalization. I couldn't do anything......even visiting the doctor was a massive step. I was on seroxat for the next year and a half and thank god I got over it, I feel for anyone out there who still suffers from panic disorder.

All I'm tryng to say is the doctor may talk to you about antidepressants and please be really sure if you want to go on these......I never realised what true depression is until then even though I cried about my acne/felt hopeless many times. Tablets can be the answer but they are a serious step, I had to be weened off them. If you are having confidence issues counselling would be better.......just bewae some docs like the medication route and it aint worth it for minor depression. They can make you a bit numb!

awww laura man, :(:(:(:( poor bub. :comfort:

i was like that a couple of months back, i just got so low it was unbearable. i was just miserable 24/7, crying at the most stupid times over the smallest things and was just an emotional wreck. i went doctors and they put me on antidepresants. i hope this doesnt happen to you :( your such a lovely little chummy girl and its horrible to see someone as lovely as you having trouble.

i bet you just feel lost innit. like you just want the sadness to end, but there just seems no way to get out of it. i normally have to force myself to smile these days, i havent had a 'real' smile in months, im used to faking it now.

oh and just to say, think long and hard if they offer you antidepressants. you can become dependant on them, and even though they make you 'feel' happy, its only a mask. you can still feel the depression and sadness deep down, theyre not a cure, just a mask to help until you figure out what the problem is.

i would suggest seeing someone to talk to. professional person, not a GP. they can help loads and it may seem scary, but thats their job and they make you feel comfortable to talk about stuff and just get everything off your chest ;)

Headturner I know how you feel, I was so numb when I was depressed I actually got past the crying stage. That's when i started to worry.....I just slept most of my life away at times. I urge you not to go on medication too readily though, read up a lot about it before you do!

lol! i keep adding stuff as i think of it

REMEMBER (like ur avatar says) WERE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER, AND IF YOU EVER NEED TO CHAT OR MOAN OR BITCH ABOUT ANYTHING IM ALWAYS HERE FOR A GOOD OLD PM BUDDY. :wub:

oh Laura, i'm sorry :( i hope you can talk to your doctor, those people are there to help. as much as i love these boards, i think they make me focus more on my appearance, which isnt always a good thing to do (for me). you know you'll always find support here though, so just PM if you want.

awww laura man, :(:(:(:( poor bub. :comfort:

i was like that a couple of months back, i just got so low it was unbearable. i was just miserable 24/7, crying at the most stupid times over the smallest things and was just an emotional wreck. i went doctors and they put me on antidepresants. i hope this doesnt happen to you :( your such a lovely little chummy girl and its horrible to see someone as lovely as you having trouble.

i bet you just feel lost innit. like you just want the sadness to end, but there just seems no way to get out of it. i normally have to force myself to smile these days, i havent had a 'real' smile in months, im used to faking it now.

oh and just to say, think long and hard if they offer you antidepressants. you can become dependant on them, and even though they make you 'feel' happy, its only a mask. you can still feel the depression and sadness deep down, theyre not a cure, just a mask to help until you figure out what the problem is.

i would suggest seeing someone to talk to. professional person, not a GP. they can help loads and it may seem scary, but thats their job and they make you feel comfortable to talk about stuff and just get everything off your chest ;)

aw thanks HT4 :angel:

I seriously dont know whats goin on in my head...i feel mixed up these days. And as u said.."lost".I can be soo happy one day and then seriously sad the next. Its sooo not like me coz im a really lively person usually and now i sit there looking really gloomy now! And i ALWAYS have to have someone with me for some reason...i guess to make me feel better!

and yeah.....i'll probs end up going to see my college councillor or somethin coz they'd probs be able to help me out and id feel much better talkin about my probs to someone who can make me talk my feelings through! I need some help ASAP!

And..i havent had a "real" smile in quite a while either. :cry: I have to tell myself to smile sometimes...and i want to have a genuine smile again!

God...normally at this time of the year im the happiest person in the world...because of xmas is coming....but thinking about xmas doesnt even make me happier!!!!!!! ah well....hopefully i'll be sorted out soon tho! :angel:

lol! i keep adding stuff as i think of it

REMEMBER (like ur avatar says) WERE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER, AND IF YOU EVER NEED TO CHAT OR MOAN OR BITCH ABOUT ANYTHING IM ALWAYS HERE FOR A GOOD OLD PM BUDDY. :wub:

lol! awww..thnx m'dears!

i think u can expect a PM at somepoint full of moaning stuff from me haha! :lol:

oh Laura, i'm sorry :( i hope you can talk to your doctor, those people are there to help. as much as i love these boards, i think they make me focus more on my appearance, which isnt always a good thing to do (for me). you know you'll always find support here though, so just PM if you want.

thank u rosie!!! :angel:

and your right...theres alawys support here....this site has been an absolute lifesaver for me...keeps me from goin completely insane!

I think a councillor would be a good thing......it's when your not happy one day and sad the next, when your sad all the time for like 3 months is when you gotta really see a doc!

You remind me of myself when I was about 16/17 i did so much crying then. My mum even let me have a week off school once and went n stayed with my auntie to help take my mind off things.....they were really worried about me back then. If i get out my old diary it makes me really sad to think i felt like that!It's good you have happy days though......talking to someone will help!

Everyone pounce laura for a giant hug! :wub:

dont let it stress you out m'deary. it not worth it!! (lol totally easier said than done :P)

yea college counsellor sounds like a big thumbs up. although my uni counsellor is a bit of a whako. she only has eye shadow on one eye and wears odd shoes!! eek. :shhh: she told me maybe im miserable because i use it as emotional blackmail to keep people around me!! and im scared of abandmonment blah blah blah i was like wtf?! im miserable coz i look like a monster and have ZERO confidence. i dont blackmail people! although, maybe i do.......ok counsellors fuck with your head! :shifty:

;)

Ok she sounds like a bit of a knob to be honest!

Everyone is more prone to feeling like shit when your a teenager, you are in a place where there are tons of your peers, so many people to compare yourself to in looks, intelligence, popularity etc!You have that nagging feeling of who am i?who do i wanna be? and yet to top it off you have acne at a time when a lot of people feel insecure.

abandonement?emotional blackmail?haha think she was reading into your problems a bit too much there!

Everyone pounce laura for a giant hug! :wub:

dont let it stress you out m'deary. it not worth it!! (lol totally easier said than done :P)

yea college counsellor sounds like a big thumbs up. although my uni counsellor is a bit of a whako. she only has eye shadow on one eye and wears odd shoes!! eek. :shhh: she told me maybe im miserable because i use it as emotional blackmail to keep people around me!! and im scared of abandmonment blah blah blah i was like wtf?! im miserable coz i look like a monster and have ZERO confidence. i dont blackmail people! although, maybe i do.......ok counsellors fuck with your head! :shifty:

;)

yay---group hugs=BEST! lol :dance::wub:

yeah...i have to try n not let it stress me out otherwise im gona get grey hair by the time im 18! (not good lol)...mayB its time for grannybashing afterall LMAO! jus kiddin! :lol:

when i have my free periods 2moro at college, i might go find out where i can find mrs councillor woman haha! have a natter with her and see how she can help me out with my probs!

Crikey...ur councillor def sounds like a wacky person.....(eye shadow on one eye and odd shoes...made me laugh) lol! sounds like she was tryig to put words in your mouth a bit :angel:

my counsellor is a total whakjob!! i think she has a joint of weed before i go into the room coz shes way too laid back and chilled lmao! shes kinda daunting but nice, i dnno how to explain loool.

:wacko:

aww...sweetie, we've all been there....it's miserable, but you know things are always bad so they can get better. :comfort:

I know I was at my lowest when I was "lost" and felt like no one could help me! I was scared of what a derm would give me (mainly Accutane) and that it wouldn't work and I would have the worst skin ever. Also I was so dependent on my mother helping me through this, and now that i am overseas and away from her, i didn't know how i could cope without my number one supporter.

but i HAD to help myself.

I felt so much more empowered calling a derm and actually doing something about it! Honestly i felt like i was crippled by the fear of my skin getting worse...but i will start Accutane in 2 weeks, and hopefully things will clear up!

Odd shoes haha.............gotta love eccentric people. Is she older?Maybe she's an old acid head, the 60's really did fuck up some people!

aww...sweetie, we've all been there....it's miserable, but you know things are always bad so they can get better. :comfort:

I know I was at my lowest when I was "lost" and felt like no one could help me! I was scared of what a derm would give me (mainly Accutane) and that it wouldn't work and I would have the worst skin ever. Also I was so dependent on my mother helping me through this, and now that i am overseas and away from her, i didn't know how i could cope without my number one supporter.

but i HAD to help myself.

I felt so much more empowered calling a derm and actually doing something about it! Honestly i felt like i was crippled by the fear of my skin getting worse...but i will start Accutane in 2 weeks, and hopefully things will clear up!

yeah your right....u gota go through the crappyness to see thigns improve and good thing's will follow! :angel:

But this is the lowest ive ever felt and i dont know why...i need to start thiking about what to do to help myself. Hopefully i'll feel better in the mornin coz sleep tends to help when ive had a crap day!

Good luck with accutane........im sure u will be clear in no time! :angel:

Odd shoes haha.............gotta love eccentric people. Is she older?Maybe she's an old acid head, the 60's really did fuck up some people!

i have a really eccentric teacher at my college who is about 55, and shes got purple hair and she has no teeth on top...i think shes supposed to wear her falsies, but jus turns up without them and rocks the gummy look! :lol:

I always feel better talking to someone about it. Family, friends...especially now you are going to see the counsellor.

I also take my mind off things by doing crap loads of work from school. I graduate in Jan, and i have been burying myself in work, and it definitely helps me.

Plus, spoil yourself....i just bought season 2 of Desperate Housewives....a whole lot of chocolate (bad, cos i'm going to be in a bikini in Thailand this christmas...oops)....give yourself a pretty manicure. Just to lift yourself up a bit.

PM me if you need to talk. xox

I just had my dinner and i was sittin at the table with my mum and sister, i was staring into space 9as i sometimes do) and my mum asked me whats the matter, and out of nowhere, i just started crying....hysterically crying! I dont think ive felt so low in my life. :cry::cry::cry: My acne has gotten be down so bad and its stuck on my brain most of the time...and, i duno! Feeling kinda emotionally numb today!

And my mum is worried about me coz my appetite has deteriorated lately..ive not thougth much about it, but shes right..i hardly eat these days. Maybe coz im always worried about stuff like acne. No wonder why ive lost weight! I had a phase last year when i would eat minimally and people were soo worried about me! dont wanna go thru that again!

I need help...i think i should get a doctor appointment pretty soon coz ive never felt to horrible in my life. I feel like one massive wreck! :confused::cry:

i feel lost

just had a nasty week and needed to vent

I'm sorry to hear that =( maybe a psychologist or psychiatrist would help.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clinical_depression

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Body_Dysmorphic_Disorder

thnx for the links! :angel:

im not self diagnosing or anything, but i have almost every single one of those symtoms mentioned. SCARY! :(

my counsellor is a total whakjob!! i think she has a joint of weed before i go into the room coz shes way too laid back and chilled lmao! shes kinda daunting but nice, i dnno how to explain loool.

llooolllll!!!!!!!!! :lol: an addict councillor! hehe

has she got like a scary look to her but is a nice person, or somethin? :D

yea! she looks kinda cruella de ville-ish, but is real nice. i dnno, but yea a total nutter! i wanna be a psychologist!!! you just sit there and listen to people moan and pretend to care :lol:

Yeah the BDD almost everybody here might have it. I contacted my old teacher, who is a psychologist so she could help me via e-mail, because I don't want to tell my parents (they'll just think I'm overreacting and that acne is something EVERYBODY goes through. While that may be true, not everybody goes through BDD).

as i was readin those symtoms i was like "yep, yep, yep....have that symptom, check"! lol! I didnt realise how bad i was with my mental state! :(

ahhh....dont u jus hate it when ur parents say everyone goes through acne. When i moan about my skin to my dad he says "dont worry, all teens go through it at some point or another"..and then i give him an evil look! haha!

But i dont think i'll bother tellin my mum n dad when i see my councillor coz theyd probs say "u can talk to us", but i always talk to them, but i think i need pro help! :angel:

yea! she looks kinda cruella de ville-ish, but is real nice. i dnno, but yea a total nutter! i wanna be a psychologist!!! you just sit there and listen to people moan and pretend to care :lol:

:lol::lol::lol: easy money bein a psychologist!!!!! go for it i say! haha

I didn't even tell them I had a gf for 5 months. They never found out.

lol!....sounds like that was a top secret! :angel:

Well... they never asked. And I don't know why, my dad always asks.

That's one of the reasons I didn't tell them. They would be like 'And have you kissed? And what do you do? Are you going to go out? Are you still with her? Do you like her? Why do you like her? Do you think you'll marry her?'

They are Mr. and Mrs. Question.

I've only had one girlfriend, but I can pretty much predict the questions.

Next time I will tell them, just so that I can get mad at them for asking those questions XD

lol...somethin about parents! haha