Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
yungwn

punch excisions toronto?

i ppl i am located in the toronto area and dont no of any surgeosn or derms that do scar treatments but i was reading about the punch excisions for deeper pitted scars..which i have one that i am really wanting to get rid of, does anyone no our had this done in the toronto area? our no if this is even offered int his area yet?

i hope so because it sounds like it be good for this scar smile.gif

thanks

YW

I dunno have you tried going to faireview laser clinic? dr padma jain does alot of diff treatments maybe she does what your looking for..

ill give you the # in 20mins i dont have it on me now

ok thanks..but if its a laser clinic isnt that all they would do is laser?

IS there any other cliniscs that treat acne scars in toronto u know of also?

An how much are the costs for soem of these treatments in canadain $$?

If i call what do i say? im a little nervous lol do i call and just ask if they do this our what treatments they do?

thanks

YW

YW,

Go to www.yellowpages.ca. Do a search for physicians and surgeons. You will get a whole bunch of results. Find some plastic surgeons that live near your place. Call them and ask whether they do scar revision, specifically excision. See if you can book an appointment. Make sure to ask whether the appointment is covered under OHIP. If the scar is on your face, the consultation and the procedure should be covered under OHIP. Some plastic surgeons tried charging me for a consultation - make sure to decline the consultation if they want to charge you.

does it matter how bad the scar is on ur face to get it covered under ohip?

i was covered under a Gm plan cuz my father died im 21 know and not in school i duno if i still have aplan ..i can get one at my work but i dotn no what it covers and how good it is.

has anyone had any of these treatments doen in toronto and know a rough price for soem of these things? i mean im young and dont have the best job yet so i dont have tons of cash!

thanks

YW

If your going in for acne its covered by ohip i believe so the consoltations will be free but if you want treatment to scars its considered cosmetic so its coming out of your pocket unfortunetly

well i am going for scars thats whati was asking lol..homer just said if its on your face its covered by ohip?

if its coming out of mny pocket how much is it in canada for soem of these procedures offered?

No scarring on your face is not covered by ohip.

as for prices for treatments it depends but it aint cheap.

Laser - $3000+

smoothbeam 400.. gonna need 5-6 treatments to get good results

Injections around 600-1000

subsion im not sure its expensive tho..

go in for a free consoltation u got nothing to lose atleast u get a better idea on prices and stuff

YW,

I had excision done on a chicken pox scar last month and it was covered under OHIP.

Just call some plastic surgeons and find out. They will give you an answer. Note that excision may be covered, but other procedures like lasers or fillers will definitely not be covered.

Homer were did u go in toronto which clinic? give me the info please ill go chekc out the place u went to smile.gif

so when u say u got a excision doen on a scar is that thesame as a punch excision? if its different what exactly did they do to it and did it work?

how much also?

thanks

YW