Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DolceDolce

WHY cant makeup hide my friggin red marks?!

seriously WHY. nothing.. NOTHING covers them completely. why is it so hard.. theyre perfectly smooth .. theyre not bumpy.. they shouldbe easier to cover than zits. if people can develop makeup that covers tattoos why cant i decently hide simple red marks? grrrr i am really fed up!!

I use Everyday Minerals in the spring concealer and it covers my red marks perfectly!! I have yellow toned skin, btw. My red marks are smooth and not bumpy as well.

i tried that sample =( didnt work.. it jsut didnt cover anything.. it looked kind of flakey yet shiny. im wondering if maybe its because the products im using arent the right colour??

DolceDolce- HOw did you apply it?? I apply it using a concealer brush and moisturize before applying make up on.

for foundation, I'm a medium beige/medium beige summer. I use spring concealer mixed in w/ a little of multi-tasking.

same here...

i apply the foundation...just to make the red makr less noticeable..but not really hiding the marks~

and the green concealer really piss me off....it stands out..so much..even i apply foundation over it..it still noticeable..any help?

I used a green concealer for the first time today , and it made my red marks alot less noticble , i still need to practice on how to apply lol but it's a good thing , try it?

same here...

i apply the foundation...just to make the red makr less noticeable..but not really hiding the marks~

and the green concealer really piss me off....it stands out..so much..even i apply foundation over it..it still noticeable..any help?

Well it depends what you use to apply to cover red marks! I just started to use those makeup sponges that are meant for liquid foundations. I get the triangular sponges you can get about 24 of these at the $1 store. I dip it into my concealer or minerals and just dab it on and smooth it on to cover it. I then get a brush (prefferable kabuki) and brush EDM minerals on and I'm done!

Coverage is real good, not flawless but at least it covers and makeup isnt noticeable!

I think if you want to use the green corrector from EM, you will need a very tiny brush, small enough to cover your small red spots.

I went to Walmat yesterday and I got a green concealer stick (Physician's formula). It was a trial size, $3.50 CAD. Since the one I got is a stick (as if it were a green lipstick) it was very easy to apply. I then blended it a bit with my fingertip and finally applied some EM foundation over it. It covered my red scars really good. I am happy with it. I am sure this trial version will last me a while.

I think if you want to use the green corrector from EM, you will need a very tiny brush, small enough to cover your small red spots.

I went to Walmat yesterday and I got a green concealer stick (Physician's formula). It was a trial size, $3.50 CAD. Since the one I got is a stick (as if it were a green lipstick) it was very easy to apply. I then blended it a bit with my fingertip and finally applied some EM foundation over it. It covered my red scars really good. I am happy with it. I am sure this trial version will last me a while.

Didnt know there was a stick one , i should get it coz the liguid is a little hard to deal wtih :evil:

My problem is red marks now, too, and I find Mineral Makeup really covers well... try as many samples as you can, and practice practice practice!!!

seriously WHY. nothing.. NOTHING covers them completely. why is it so hard.. theyre perfectly smooth .. theyre not bumpy.. they shouldbe easier to cover than zits. if people can develop makeup that covers tattoos why cant i decently hide simple red marks? grrrr i am really fed up!!

i sometimes have this problem... it sucks... ah well :doubt:

Joppa Minerlas works great at covering up everything. I really thought that all those infomercials were scams how could a powder cover up anything? But it is like liquid foundation as powder and Joppa is so gentle and she says it is actually good for your skin and help with skin tone. She has a sample pack .. I bought it for like 24.80 it comes with Soft and Full coverage and 1 Finishing silk, she also gave me a sample of a bronzer and I bought Emu Oil. It is suppose to lasta while, but I must say I am so happy with it because it looks so natural .. I'll have to take some before and after pix bc I know she also give 20% off for sending her pix.

Guest been13years

Hey Dolce,

I tewtelly feel that. I can't completely hide my red marks for anything. I've used many concealers, minerals, foundations, etc... I discovered to my delight that the best foundation for my skin is Colorstay by Revlon. It plus powder actually does a decent job at least evening out my skin. Plus it's very thick and...adhesive?... I don't know. But it's good for layering coverage so I don't need a separate concealer.

Good luck!

i was using clinique continuous concealer spf 20 i believe

it covers like magic

too bad they discontinue it..

so gay >.>

i usually dab little dots of some green concealer on my redmarks, then i blend it in a bit.

After i put on some more concealer, which is 1-2 skin colors lighter than i am.

But, when putting on the skin color concealer, dont rub it too much, or the green will just "wash out" completely

Thus, not as much coverage. Same with foundation, in your red mark area, dont rub too much. Then finish with powder. My red marks are MUCH LESS noticeable, or even not noticeable. :D

Physician's formula green concealer stick is the best :) , it covers my red marks alot better than anything else , i've been using it for few days now and its great ,you should try it !

I have fair skin and with the redness of my scars there's alot of contrast. What helps me the most is foundation. You just have to find that perfect amount to apply. Just enough to cover up without looking like your covered in pancake mix. Now I use L'oreal true match with a round makeup sponge, then I apply MAC Fix powder with a brush to set it. I find that the scars on my cheeks aren't so noticeable when i use blush.

Dude! I totally got my red marks covered today... here's how:

- I started with Joppa's Finishing Silk FIRST w/ a kabuki

- I used a shade LIGHTER than my foundation (EDM Light Neutral) w/ concealing brush

- Then followed with mineral foundation (Joppa's Medium Light) w/ a chisel brush

- Final layer of Finishing Silk w/ kabuki

but... no red marks to be seen!

thanks for te suggestions everyone but i have tried practically everything u mentioned... i have joppa, colorstay, and the physicans green stick

i reallly dont kno what the problem is.. i never thought i was handicapped at makeup.. its not like i just started wearing it.. ive been wearing it since at least grade 8 and im in university now.

i dont know if i have the wrong colours or what.. but my face awlays looks kinda dirty. and i find with blush it never really blends properly so it looks like i have red marks and "dirty" unblended blush just sitting on my skin. *sigh*

maybe i need new shades and more practice.

I have fair skin and with the redness of my scars there's alot of contrast. What helps me the most is foundation. You just have to find that perfect amount to apply. Just enough to cover up without looking like your covered in pancake mix. Now I use L'oreal true match with a round makeup sponge, then I apply MAC Fix powder with a brush to set it. I find that the scars on my cheeks aren't so noticeable when i use blush.

yes! i use the loreal true match foundation. Though swicthing to EM when my starter kit arrives. :dance:

dont know if i have the wrong colours or what.. but my face awlays looks kinda dirty. and i find with blush it never really blends properly so it looks like i have red marks and "dirty" unblended blush just sitting on my skin. *sigh*

ahh this sometimes happenes to me :( ,.....ah well :doubt:

Dolce,

try this.

apply the joppa foundation as concealer directly on the redmarks, you can make a cream concealer out of it by mixing it with a moisturizer, wait for it to dry, then put on the foundation all over the face.

Joppa has a nice cream concealer that people I know swears covers up everything. A girl I work with uses it on her acne scars (and she's got some big ones) and it covered really well.