Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
harakiri_never

Sebacaues cysts

I finished accutane over a month ago and I have more then a dozen sebacaues cysts (i know i spelled it wrong lol) and where I had cysts, I have solid painless bumps under skin, you can only feel those if you run your finger over. One is very big though. I know accutane doesn't get rid of those since they are like skin trauma under your skin, but they do cause a threat? And do they go away in time or just get smaller but are permanent? I really don't mind them much there as long as they are not threatening.

They will slowly get bigger over time. They can lie basically dormant for decades and suddenly become huge inflamed painful lesions. I advise anyone with epidermal cysts (sebaceous cyst is old terminology) to have them surgically removed when dormant rather than waiting for them to become infected. They heal much better that way.

Guest ANajmi85

I popped one of those once...Yes, it is possible unfortunately to say :(

They will slowly get bigger over time. They can lie basically dormant for decades and suddenly become huge inflamed painful lesions. I advise anyone with epidermal cysts (sebaceous cyst is old terminology) to have them surgically removed when dormant rather than waiting for them to become infected. They heal much better that way.

If having them surgically removed them...will it make that spot look ugly, I really want all of my remaining red marks to fade from old acne. And did you say bigger??? Isn't stuff like that suppose to get smaller? Also what is the likelyhood for them to become inflamed?

I popped one of those once...Yes, it is possible unfortunately to say :(

Pop them, how is that possible they are just solid masses!? Or did your inflame into a cyst?

i agree. when they get inflamed, they HURT. i've had a few removed from my back (had a plastic surgeon do it, so the scars are hardly noticeable), but one of them got infected/inflamed before he could take it out. that sumbitch hurt more than any other form of painful cystic acne i've ever had. i dont know about any other treatments for them though - i'm sure cutting them out of your skin isn't the only option. speak with your doc about it.

Guest ANajmi85

Nevermind, I just googled what you're talking about. It's not what I had.

If having them surgically removed them...will it make that spot look ugly, I really want all of my remaining red marks to fade from old acne. And did you say bigger??? Isn't stuff like that suppose to get smaller? Also what is the likelyhood for them to become inflamed?

Yes, they slowly get bigger as the sac that bounds the cyst is filled with more keratin material. The ones that i've had removed surgically healed much better, faster, and less noticeable than the ones i left alone which ended up becoming infected. I don't know what the likelihood of infection is - it seems mine will always eventually become infected, but one that i had removed when dormant i'd had for more than a decade and it had never flared. Yet i still beleive that it would have eventually.

I have those for the past 6 years.They never really bothered me cause i couldnt really notice them in the mirror i usually see myself but from certain light its visible but nothing bad until recently it started bothereing me.They are slightly raised than the surrounding skin,no facial hair on them,skin tone there much lighter.They never got inflamed or became any bigger than the first time i noticed it.I have taken accutane (7 months) ,blue peel,15%tca peel,retin for ages didnt help and i dont think those will.

I have heard excision is usually done on these?? wont that leave a line scar?.Is there any other treatment besides surgically removing them? .i have many of them maybe 7-8,4-5 of them are together beside my lips.

Yes, it will leave a scar. But the scar it will leave if it becomes inflamed and has to be drained will be much worse. The scar will be smaller if you have it done while the cyst is small. On your face you should consider having a plastic surgeon perform the procedure. Your only other option is to ignore them and gamble that they will stay dormant.

will doing fraxel or any other procedure help besides excision?.It is barely visible and i cant even feel it with my fingers,but those areas are a bit bumpy if seen from closely.

As i understand it, they must be surgicially removed, unless what you are describing are not epidermal cysts (or milia which are teeny weeny epidermal cysts). If what you are describing are actually clogged pores then something like a topical retinoid should help.

i think the are epidermal cyst,even the doc told me but they are barely visible & not feelable.I think surgically removing will make something more noticable with the scar etc.Thats why looking for somethng which can healed from the inside.My doc keeps saying that they go away by time and nothing is needed.BUt i have them for a long long time.

i think the are epidermal cyst,even the doc told me but they are barely visible & not feelable.I think surgically removing will make something more noticable with the scar etc.Thats why looking for somethng which can healed from the inside.My doc keeps saying that they go away by time and nothing is needed.BUt i have them for a long long time.

No accutane will rid them on high dosage for a long time..........Fact. For most.

Oh BTW did you see the video of thr dude who did a spanking thread, got us all fighting, and it was for school use.........

Hah.

No accutane will rid them on high dosage for a long time..........Fact.

LOL. Not a fact.

So just leave them alone. Don't feel them up all the time and that will minimize the chance that they will become inflamed and require surgical intervention.