Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
passthejonch

2 months on accutane and face still not completely dry

5' 9"

60 mg a day

my face is MUCH less oily than it was before but I can still feel a little bit of oil when i touch my forehead.... (my face was very very oily pre accutane)

my question is should my face be completely dry or is this normal? because from the looks of other people's experiences, the face should by very very dry.

Well I just posted some stuff on my log about this. I'm 2 months into my medication. I'm 155lbs and on 40mgX2 a day. My face was very VERY oily before accutane, about a month into my dosage, my face was completely oil-free!

I'm 120 lbs and have been on 80 mg a day for about one month and three weeks.

My face is not oily at all and just a bit dry in places, nothing that a tiny dab of moisturizer won't solve. My lips are extremely chapped, but I constantly put on vaseline. I think it's a good thing to not have a completely dry face smile.gif My acne's definitely going away and all my blackheads are completely gone, so I'm very happy.

Before Accutane I had VERY VERY VERY oily skin. It was ridiculous. I could wipe my skin with those blotting sheets and within 5 minutes is would be even oilier. It took me around 2.5 months for my skin to be dry. I've been off Accutane for a couple of years now, and my skin is still really oily, but not as oily as before.

i was like you until my 6th month on accutane when my doctor bumped me up to 80 mg a day. Im 5'7 ish and weigh about 130. Before that i was taking 60 mg and i wasnt completely dry. talk to your doctor.