Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
brian37

doxycycline, clindamycin & some special cleanser

I went to the derm today and she prescribed doxycycline (taking 2 a day), clindamycin (5% BP) and a special cleanser for oily skin to use at night and I was wondering if anyone has ever used these and how good they worked for you. anyone have any comments on these products?? thanks.

doxy will work great for about a month, then you will digress to your old self. as far as clindamyacin, i think your better with dan's bp. although the clind is a an anti-bacterial, it will make you shiny/dry/red at the same time. the bp will do none of that and will give you the same bacteria killing properties. plus, your face will eventually grow imune to the clind....this won't happen with bp. my suggestion: i'd religiously use dan's regimen for a couple months, then experiment after that to find what works for you.

i used doxy and clinda. i had to stop using doxy because it was too harsh on my stomach, but i know people who have had success with it. i also use clinda. it didn't make my face dry or red, i liked it. it seemed to help. i didn't use benzaclin though. that has bp in it as well as clinda.