Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Harro

Just bought the CSR.. Any advice untill then?

Well.. I just bought the CSR and from what i hear most everyone is happy... ive never used anything a doctor didnt perscribe and the docotr i go to just kinda smacked a perscription down on the table and left the room.. and made his quick cash. i got a 2-5 business days till i get it.. what should i use to help my skin untill then? i use clearasil clearer skin in 3 days and it doesnt seem to help much.. if my skin is oily should i still moisturize??!?!

THANKS [email protected]@[email protected]@[email protected][email protected]! :D

Hi Harro,

for now you can just maybe cleanse and get used to being super gentle with your skin from now on. If you want to get a head start on the CSR, you can buy a tube on Neutrogena on-the-spot and go ahead and get started with it until your CSR gel arrives.

To answer your question about whether or not you will need a mositurizer since your skin is oily, the answer is YES! My skin is super oily, but it does get dehydrated from BP. A good moisturizer will help keep your skin in proper balance and hydrated and nice looking while the BP is busy killing those p.acnes bacteria!

Good luck!

First of all, you can start by tossing out the Clearasil cleanser and get a very gentle cleanser without any active ingreidents (aka, sal. acid + and etc.) Also, depending on your face, adjust your cleanser to your demands. (if your face is normally dry then get a regular cleanser, if its oily get one that treats oily.) I advise you to thoroughly watch Dan's instruction on how to properly apply the CSR. Also, be sure to understand the phases you will go through and remember to start low!

yeah i would definitely ditch that cleanser, its irritating and really doesnt do much for your acne. on this site, check out some of dans recommendations for cleansers, most of the ones here are the best and most gentle.