Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I NEED A GOOD BENZOYL PEROXIDE CLEANSER.

My skin is very oily. I am thinking of trying oxy 10 wash or the by clean and clear continuous clean cleanser with 10% benzoyl peroxide. Any suggestion will be appreciated.

Wrong place to ask bud... But even if I wanted to, I can't answer your question.

why is it the wrong place to ask? Other people talk about topicals here too.

No I had oily skin also. I was using lots of BP cleansers like the ones you mentioned + Buf Pufing my skin to death + using heavy duty oil absorbing astringents. It made my skin ALOT MORE OILY! I was over irritating the skin and not giving it the moisture it "needed". I thought b/c I was oily I didn't need a moisturizer. I was wrong. Now I follow the CSR regimen to a T with the exception of adding the Astringent by Clean and Clear for Sensitive skin at night. Much better-90-95% clear after 6 weeks.. Much less shine! Have you tried moisturizing and going to a lighter cleanser. I know it goes against what you would think would work. I was hesitant but thought what I was doing wasn't working so what the heck... :confused:

a few cleansers temporarly cured my acne but it didnt last long, the ones that really work short term are neutrogina clean and clear acne mask cleanser combo and neutrina acne mask scrub, those 2 products cured my acne completely no matter what i ate but they made my skin xtra dry and a month or so later my acne returned.

I believe it's the wrong place to ask for a benzoyl peroxide cleanser because this section of the forum is dedicated to NOT using benzoyl peroxide, or any other commercially marketed cream for acne.

There are other sections of the forum which are specifically for that.

It WOULD be the right place to ask for a "good cleanser", because then people could answer with cleansers that are not the typical westernized drug store cleanser. (although there are good ones)

Lastly, this section is named "Diet/Holistic health"

I'm not sure how Benzoyl Peroxide cleanser fits into the category of "diet"

and once again, not sure how it fits into holistic health.

I wouldnt recommend benzoyl peroxide as it aggravates the skin and broke me out more than anything.

If anything, I would recommend washing with only water, doing a facial steam, scrubbing with baking soda and then using an ACV/water toner. That is, by far, what works best for me. I explain everything in detail on my site if you're interested.