Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
theforeigner117

Drinking and Accutane

I know drinking isn't good with Accutane, but how bad is it. There is one and only one occasion I would like to drink on that is going to pass by while I'm on Accutane and I'm wondering what will happen if I do drink. (New Years)

Thanks

I was on 60mg and had a few heavy drinking sessions. Only about 3 in 5 months and didn't really drink apart from that but when i did drink, i did drink far too heavily but I was fine. Get yourself some milk thistle tablets but make sure you get the 80% strength ones or they're not effective. They're the most liver regenerative supplement you can buy. Drink plenty of water after drinking and, if you can, have a few glasses of water with your alcohol and i'm sure you'll be ok

^ Good point

The drinking wotn affect the treatment, but it can really do a number on your liver if you're not careful. One session shouldn't do any harm though.

All right. Thanks. I was planning on drinking a lot of water throughout that night if I did drink anyways.

Also, where can you get milk thistle tablets, if you think I should use them.

I got drunk probably 3-4 times a week during my course.. I noticed that while by liver was busy with accutane, a few beers had me in the hole.

Of course my liver is probably a pickle now too.. good times

I drank a few times last year while i was on accutane.. i got drunk so fast! while normally it takes 3+ beers for me to get drunk i would get drunk from 1. and it was a weird drunk, not normal feeling... i felt very off balance even after a few drinks. like i could barely stand... i also got really violent and i was never a violent drunk haha. looking back a year later im sure it wreaked havoc on my liver and if i knew then what i know now i def wouldn't have done it. be careful!

If you are taking it under a doctor's supervision as you should, your bloodwork will reveal any liver damage before it becomes serious. The liver is a remarkable organ that can recover from all but the most extreme damage.