Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
RobDude

90% have dry skin - what about the other 10%

I haven't heard of anyone who didn't get dry lips....but everything I've seen says 90% will get it.

So, where are these people who have no dry skin/lips? :)

I had dry lips for a couple of days, but I'm going to attribute that to sun and wind while I was out sailing a lot that week. My skin was soaking up moisturizer like crazy that week, too, but it hasn't been dry. So far, aside from that, my lips and skin have not been dry. I still have four months of treatment remaining, however ... ;) It should be interesting to see if I will remain in that small 10%!

90% lol. accutane stats are completely in accurate. the studies done on accutane are weak, and alot of things aren't reported on accutane. like 15% get body aches? bullshit more than 15% get that. the only reason 90% get dry skin, is because they did clinical tests on probably only 10 people and 1 person out of the 10 didn't get dry skin.

oh and 75% have permanent remission of acne.. my question is, what about those 75%? Why is it that it seems every single person on this site who took accutane had their acne come back? Every person that rated accutane on this site said there acne came back, or that this is their 2nd or 3rd time on the drug. if 75% have acne stay for good, then why so many people claim theres came back? I think that stat is way off.

90% lol. accutane stats are completely in accurate. the studies done on accutane are weak, and alot of things aren't reported on accutane. like 15% get body aches? bullshit more than 15% get that. the only reason 90% get dry skin, is because they did clinical tests on probably only 10 people and 1 person out of the 10 didn't get dry skin.

oh and 75% have permanent remission of acne.. my question is, what about those 75%? Why is it that it seems every single person on this site who took accutane had their acne come back? Every person that rated accutane on this site said there acne came back, or that this is their 2nd or 3rd time on the drug. if 75% have acne stay for good, then why so many people claim theres came back? I think that stat is way off.

That's a good point. I dunno - it's so hard to find real statistics on this crap.

Guest Locked In Grace

Maybe it's because this site attracts many long term sufferers, people who have more persistant acne. And that those who have permanent remission live life and don't come back here.

The people who got no dryness symptoms post here now and then. Lucky bastards. :D

Why is it that it seems every single person on this site who took accutane had their acne come back?

Because people who are permanently clear generally don't keep hanging out on an acne site.

Regarding the 75% remission rate. It's just that - remission. That means that you still have the disease, but it's been quieted. They count a year long remission as a successful long term remission, although i think it would be more reasonable to consider "long term" to mean at least 5 years.

im still here, and my acne has been gone 4 months now.

Acutally 90% have chapped lips and 80% get dry skin. I had just some chapped lips but no dry skin just regular skin not oily or dry, but I did have dry hair and mild dry nose.

Me RobDude! Im on my 41 day and experienced dryness for only 2 weeks. Oil is back. My lips nor face is dry. I wish I was tho it felt soooooo much better being dry. My quality of life was much improved for that short period of time I felt free for once in 20 years.

my brother had horrible acne , like REAL bad acne before and hasnt had even one zit after completing his course like 4 years ago

my sister is the same age as him and she still gets acne ( didnt go on accutane)

I'm finishing month 5. My skin on my face is not dry at all, and I'm using mild topicals. I just acquired a mild case of eczema on my arms and hands like I've never seen before, but not on the face. It scares me a bit.

I've been on Accutane (60mg) for about 4 months now and my face has NEVER gotten dry. I waited and waited for it to dry out and get flaky like everyone has said...but it never happened!!! My lips are dry, but nothing to really complain about. I do have an ezcema like rash on the backs of my hands...but other than that - NOTHING!

So I guess I am part of that 20% that doesn't get dry skin.

Your logic is greatly flawed. People that have great results (ie remission, low incidence of side effects) don't lurk around acne forums, they live their lives and don't worry about it. Instead, the people posting here (generally speaking) are the ones who are/have experienced side effects or seen minimal results.

I'll believe clinical trial results --btw, I've never seen a trial with TEN participants- anyday over the experiences on a forum.

Been on accutane four months now and haven't had any dryness, other than on my lips.

I have however had joint and bone pain and have decided to quit the gym until my 'tane course is over. I don't want to do any permanent damage.