Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
partygirl1984

Coffee with sugar

In the past few weeks i've been drinking a couple of cups of coffee with one sugar each day at work and i'm not sure if its doing my acne any favours. I don't know if its the caffeine or the excess sugar though...i'm thinking the sugar more so. Is it still ok to drink coffee with acne?

If you're one of those people that reacts to caffeine, don't drink it. Plus, don't add sugar! It's bad for acne because of the free radicals.

Nah, sugars bad for acne because it spikes insulin. A single gram (one pack) of sugar is going to make no significant spike in blood sugar, it's just such a small amount. If your skin is doing worse, it's gotta be the caffeine.

I've been drinking coffee just about daily though. I'm almost positive it doesn't break me out, but I really need to stop drinking it daily for other health reasons (withdrawal).

Nah, sugars bad for acne because it spikes insulin. A single gram (one pack) of sugar is going to make no significant spike in blood sugar, it's just such a small amount. If your skin is doing worse, it's gotta be the caffeine.

I've been drinking coffee just about daily though. I'm almost positive it doesn't break me out, but I really need to stop drinking it daily for other health reasons (withdrawal).

hows the skin RS>

everyone individual : so people acne it is effect some no. However mainly coffe and sugar bad for skin

If you want sugar buy Stevia natural

Guest Locked In Grace

Processed sugars, definately bad for acne. Stimulants, also bad for acne. If you really love coffee, ask for, or make a 1/4 strength one, and don't add sugar. :)

hows the skin RS>

Small whiteheads that are clearing up. But with my luck my skin will go back into nodules again... nahh I hope it doesn't. I'm doing well.

Good alternative for coffee: Dandelion Root Tea (tastes like bitter coffee) or if you want a KICK try peppermint Tea.

In the past few weeks i've been drinking a couple of cups of coffee with one sugar each day at work and i'm not sure if its doing my acne any favours. I don't know if its the caffeine or the excess sugar though...i'm thinking the sugar more so. Is it still ok to drink coffee with acne?

Believe it or not, coffee has a lot of good anti-oxidants in it that are good for your body. It's the caffine in it that can aggrevate and cause skin problems because it stimulates your adrenal glands therefore giving you that boost of energy. Those same hormones are also caused by stress as well and stress is known to agrivate any skin problem. If you have any problem with oily skin, definitely stay away from anything with caffine in it.

Good alternative for coffee: Dandelion Root Tea (tastes like bitter coffee) or if you want a KICK try peppermint Tea.

Another good alternative to coffee is barley coffee (orzo)

It is very similar to coffee, the taste is just less pungent and bitter ... and I think it is delicious

IPB Image

If you're especially used to that dark tasteless polluted water which is american coffee ... IPB Image

... instead of the italian espresso, then a cup of barley coffee will taste like espresso to you

Barley Coffee Moka

This is Bialetti. The best moka maker in Italy

http://shop.hausbrandtusa.com/catalog/disp...p?product_id=79

Believe it or not, coffee has a lot of good anti-oxidants in it that are good for your body. It's the caffine in it that can aggrevate and cause skin problems because it stimulates your adrenal glands therefore giving you that boost of energy. Those same hormones are also caused by stress as well and stress is known to agrivate any skin problem. If you have any problem with oily skin, definitely stay away from anything with caffine in it.

So would it be good to drink decaffeinated coffee?

Another good alternative to coffee is barley coffee (orzo)

It is very similar to coffee, the taste is just less pungent and bitter ... and I think it is delicious

IPB Image

If you're especially used to that dark tasteless polluted water which is american coffee ... IPB Image

... instead of the italian espresso, then a cup of barley coffee will taste like espresso to you

Barley Coffee Moka

This is Bialetti. The best moka maker in Italy

http://shop.hausbrandtusa.com/catalog/disp...p?product_id=79

Well Danny... while Denny's and your average diner has horrible polluted dark water that was so commonplace 2 generations ago, there's a few elite companies selling some of the best coffee in the world in America, none of which are named Starbucks. Times are changing...