Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ciggz

Does BP gradually fade redspots???

so redpots aren't scars, right? :-k i think it's called hyperpigmentation? i don't have acne scars. just those damm redmarks. evil.gif so ON AVERAGE, how long does it take to fade away? [-o< :?:

I always thought that the red marks were considered scars. If not, what is an example of an actual scar? I want to find out if I have any. The only thing I can think of that might be considered scar type is I have several big pore holes on my cheeks and upper cheeks (although this has never been a dominate spot for acne, I think its just natural).

Thanks

No he isnt serious. Infact he is not serious. Infact even more he is not saying the truth my son! Red marks be gone soon! My redmarks have dissapeared and it's only been 3+ weeks for me on regimen. Of course maybe 1-2 are still there but those will be gone soon. BE GONE!!!

heh, i've been on the regimen for about 5 months now and my face is still covered with red spots. it wasn't quite effective for me, too. it took forever just to get rid of new blemishes, now I have occasional 1-2 active spots. once i had over 10 active ones, when old ones disappeared, new ones came. it has never been too serious, at least that's what several derms have said, but it has had great impact on my self-esteem.

anyways, I hope now it is finally under control, but it seems like BP isn't helping to fade away the red spots, on the contrary, I believe. I have left one little area of my face without BP and the few red marks there are fading more rapidly than the others. and BP is quite irritating for my face, although I use 2,5% BP. my skin feels very tight after i wash it and texture is uneven and it doesn't look too good...

or "pseudo-scars" are flat, red or reddish spots that are the final stage of most inflamed acne lesions. After an inflamed acne lesion flattens, a macule may remain to "mark the spot" for up to 6 months. When the macule eventually disappears, no trace of it will remain—unlike a scar.

Just to let everyone know what these are...this is the information I found. I have them and they suck but they can be better than acne itself. I found this on http://www.skincarephysicians.com/acnenet/...t/scarring.html

or "pseudo-scars" are flat' date=' red or reddish spots that are the final stage of most inflamed acne lesions. After an inflamed acne lesion flattens, a macule may remain to "mark the spot" for up to 6 months. When the macule eventually disappears, no trace of it will remain—unlike a scar.

Just to let everyone know what these are...this is the information I found. I have them and they suck but they can be better than acne itself. I found this onhttp://www.skincarephysicians.com/acnenet/scarring.html[/quote']

My spots have faded already and its only been 4 weeks.

I think it all depends on your skin too. some may fade faster than others but people like me that have a lot of them are probably going to take longer to fade....it just depends.

Plus it says UP to 6 months....so it depends on your skin.

for me, it's different with every pimple. the humongous cysts that take 10 days or more to fade usually leave marks that last 3 months or so. when i get tiny pimples, they leave marks that can fade within a month. i get 2 different types of hyperpigmentation (this is the term for skin discoloration or marks). some are red and some are brown. usually they start out red and then turn brown, and eventually fade. i've used hydroquinine to help the marks fade, but i can't say for sure if it's effective. the marks did eventually fade, but they may have faded on their own.

if you don't want lasting marks, it's importatnt that you don't squeeze your pimples when they're active! even if you pop them, do it gently. the more inflamed (swollen and red) it gets, the longer the mark remains because the more damage has been done to your skin.

it might help if you use AHA lotion or get chemical peels to help the marks fade. my skin dries a lot due to the BP and SA so everytime i wash my face, when i rub it, lots of skin sheds. i think everytime it sheds the marks a little ligther because its revealing newer skin.