Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
big_red

Here we go again

I was on accutane when I was 17 y.o. 60mg first month 40 mg for 6 months. my face stayed clear for about 3-4 years. I don't remember much about being on it as I was on a lot of other drugs which made me sleep. I almost slept the whole treatment. Also I don't remember ever using moisturizer either, I just didn't wash my face and let the oil collect with my dead skin, it actually looked clear but probably a little rough.

Anyway I just started at 20mg for the first two weeks and then up to 40mg.

Day 1

I was getting a lot of zits on my head in my hair, now I see a few coming on my face. Had trouble sleeping.

Day 2

Skin and lips getting dryer. knees are a bit sore. Trouble sleeping again.

Day 3

Got one on my back. it's small. I never get them on my back, must be the IB.

Forgot to mention I'm 25 now and male.

Day 4

Older pimples are starting to dry up now. I don't feel too many lumps now on my scalp, just some small scabs now. The antiinflamatory properties of accutane are great.

When I was on my first course many years ago, my face broke out like 10 times worse than it was, it was aweful, and they lingered for about 1 month(I'm talking huge cycts, I have scars beside my left eye still from where they cut open on my pillow at night only to heal up and cut open again from the shower pressure). I think I remember being clear by about week 10 and only getting a few very small zits that cleared up fast after week 10. I'm hoping it will be the same or shorter this time.

Anyway I just started at 20mg for the first two weeks and then up to 40mg.

Hey big red! I'm two days behind you with the exact same dosage! It's my third day (I'm from Aus..freaky time) and I'm breaking out even more now..hope it doesn't get worst in two weeks when I up the dose to 40mg.

Day 5

A few new ones on my face and some small lumps on my head last night, but they seemed to have calmed down overnight. I take my pill with supper so this may be why. I also forgot to mention that I was on Doxycycline for the past 3 months prior to starting, which worked well at first but was losing effectivness lately. I also have no more soreness in the past few days.

My face is becomming more dry, and I am afraid I will have to start moisutizing soon which I hate the feeling of. Usually anything I put on my face causes me to breakout.

Cummulative Dose: 100mg

Day 6

Cummulative Dose: 120 mg

Not much new today, face looks a little more clear, less sore spots from previous acne. Face is a little more dry and flakey. I remember when I was on my first course, my earlobes are not attached, and it got really dry underneath them to the point I thought they were gonna tear off easily.

Day 7

Cummulative dose: 140 mg

No real big news to report, no new pimples. Still have one above my right eyebrow but other than that it is clearing up. Sides of nose are dry and hurt a little bit. I shaved last night which seemed to have helped with the uncomfortabe feeling of dry skin in my beard area. I remember on my first course I loved the dry skin aspect, now I find it a bit uncomfortable, I will probably like it again when my face is totally clear.

Day 8

Cummulative dose: 160 mg

Got a pimple under my earlobe. Seems like a lot of my skin is flaking off now beside my nose and between my eyes.

Day 9

Cummulative Dose: 180 mg

I popped the zit below my earlobe lastnight, it turned into a juicy one fast. Today it has calmed down and is a lot less sore. I also feel a few new ones on the back of my head, but I think they will go away quickly. My skin is starting to feel smoother, I like it.

Day 10

Cummulative Dose: 200 mg

No really big pimples. Skin feels hot, dry and is red. Should be a good day today.

Day 11

Cullulative Dose: 220 mg

Got a white bubble in my chin area which I pulled the hair out of and it popped. Ewww gross. new one under my jaw right side, not noticable though. Skin getting really dry, and I had to moisurize around my nose yesterday. I used a moisturizer called Complex 15, it is pretty nice.

Day 12

Cummulative Dose: 240 mg

Not much new today, still dry which is good cause all the newbies have dried up.

Day 13

Cummulative Dose: 260 mg

Still a long way to go, I have a lot of facial dandruff that is annoying but way better than zits.

Day 14

Cummulative Dose: 280 mg

Pimple on cheek dryed up and fell off. Sweeet!!!

Day 15

Cummulative Dose: 320 mg

Dosage uped to 40 mg / day. Skin really dry, but clearing nicely. Sides of face are really smooth.

Day 16

Cummulative Dose: 360 mg

Nothing new, had to moisturize today, gently picked off most of the dead skin flakes.

Day 17

Cummulative Dose: 380 mg

Face was really red yesterday, so I didn't wash last night and I also only took 20 mg. Felt like I had a bad sunburn.

Day 24

Cumulative Dose: 500 mg

Almost quit last week cause my skin looked so bad, but instead I dropped back down to 20 mg per day, I will wait to up it. Skin is now looking better these days.

Day 25

Cummulative Dose: 520 mg

Had a couple new small zits on my forehead, but they calmed down overnight. Yay!

Day 29

Cummulative Dose: 620 mg

A few new ones on my jawline, but all are drying up now. I use aloe vera gel to help with the redness and complex 15 moisturizer for dryness. I now take 30 mg per day (40 mg one day 20 mg the next).

Day 30

Cummulative Dose: 640 mg

The new ones in my beard area bled after I shaved last night, but they have scabbed overnight and the swelling went down.

Day 31

Cummulative Dose: 680 mg

Those scabs I had just flaked off this morning. Nice! No other new ones to report.