Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Over the past month or so, I've noticed I'm getting a furrow line, to the extent I start noticing the contours (albeit slightly) under certain lighting. Just this afternoon, I saw my reflection in the window with the sun shining directly on my face, and the line was so distinguishable, even without squinting or anything. It's quite odd though, since scrutinising it up close in a mirror, it's merely a fine line, if anything.

Is there anything I can do to prevent it becoming permanently etched on my face short term, or even eliminate it? Peels, dermabrasion etc, preferably cheaper, more convenient alternatives? I'm not on roaccutane or anything, and hardly moisturise my face (though I've applied AHA moisturisers quite frequently in the past). I'm only 23 - I blame uni, late nights and cramming during the past few months (I'm graduating in a month) for everything stress related, and hence, wrinkling. I'm at that stage in my life where I've been patient, but equally frustrated trying almost everything to rid my acne scars. And also (I guess) near that age when wrinkling becomes inevitable :wall:

Appreciate any replies.

;)

I have the same problem - sleep directly on your back - don't sleep on your face....women are more prone to furrows then men. But get fillers, preferably collagen. I am getting some on Wed and I'll let you know how it goes.

Peels can't help furrows at all btw

Lancome High Resolution W/ Collaser works for my fine lines. I'm also 23. Might sound crazy but seriously try not to use those facial muscles.I've trained myself not to do certain facial expressions for this exact reason and using those muscles is one of the reasons for wrinkles. I notice some people my age who have deep worry lines and even my sister who's only 19 has laugh lines. I really think the reason why I don't is b/c I've been doing anti-aging stuff since I was 14 and have always held back making certain expressions that cause wrinkles.

By the way, I know y'all hate the furrows. But a lot of people find them sexy on women. I mean Brittney Spears has smile lines. Furrows our worse for men cause they're not considered attractive on us....

I think acne scarring can sometimes make it look like you have a furrow when you really don't depending on the type position of the scar. (I think I have a problem like this going on right now and it's driving me crazy!!!!!!!!!!)

You dont say what age you are but if its def a probIem and concern for you then you can haIt that furrow in its tracks with botox. If you ask a doc for SOFT botox on that area onIy, then you wiII stiII have movement, just not as much. PpI are often turning to botox as a preventative method, to stop wrinkIes/furrows etc from progressing. But onIy do it if its a reaI probIem that cannot be soften with other treatments.

I use Frownies on the lines between my eyes. I wear them overnight and the next morning when I wake up the furrows look much relaxed. I recommend you try it.

doh!!! u did say ur age, sorry! (or did you edit your post? IoI. i think my mind is going!) 23 is very young for anything drastic so ignore my post and go for the other suggestions! :)

Yes, 23 is very young to start any drastic measures. But I'm 36 and while at my doctor's office getting a microdermabrasion, saw they had a special on botox --and spur of the moment decided to go for it! I'm still a little giddy. And quite excited for the effects to begin to show up. I've had my furrow lines for as long as I can remember and I HATE them. If I can't do anything about my scars, I may as well start addressing other things!