Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
matchbox

to those who order mineral or make up in general online ...

how do you know what color you are? sure you can get samples, but what if you get the completely wrong colors, then youve just wasted money on samples and/or shipping that you dont need.

i first bought bare minerals at sephora where i was able to put it on to check the color, then i got glominerals from my derm where she was able to put it on and i saw just how great it is and how the color looked on me.

theres a trillion topics on everday minerals and joppa and id like to try them but the colors are so hard to tell online and how do i know thats the true color and not just my moniter being wierd, or the light in my room being wierd or that the picture of the color was done in good lighting. I dont mind ordering stuff online that i know i like or have used before if its a better price, but when its something completely new to me, i just dont know..

also, how do you know that the makeup is what it says? i tend not to believe most pictures because retouching has probably been done. so how do you know?

any advice or suggestions are helpful

thanks much :)

Guest Sincerely_Me

If you want Joppa...try the three piece sampler kit. You can order two shades. So do that. You know if you have fair/medium/dark skin, but they have different shades in each category, so get two you think would fit you best and try and see which one it actually is.

well, that's what i liked about everyday minerals vs. joppa. their samples are free, with only like 3.50 shipping, which i figured, i've spent about that much/more on shitty starbucks coffee, so the waste wasn't that much if i didn't find my color. but i did. i never got into joppa for that reason, i don't want to spent 10-15 dollars plus shipping and myabe not find my color.

I really had no idea wtf color i was, i ordered 2 batches of samples for EDM. Well, im sure you can distinguish yourself from 'pale to tan' so scratch off some colors and order the other ones. With EDM, samples are FREE. You only have to pay shipping! Which isnt expensive. Like $5 for priority. So when my first batch of samples colors didnt match me i wasnt totally bummed.

hmm yerr... :doubt: i have ordered from EM so far 3 sample kits that have cost me 7.00 dollars each (AU). ah well, i finally found my colour! n cuz i have ordered 3 sample kits, i have nearly tried all the blush colours! :lol:

for joppaminerals email customer service or post ur picture up on their msg board or something.. i was thinking i was the lightest colour but acutaly im in the mediums!!

Amy has pretty accurate descriptions on the joppa site. I knew I had red in my face, but I thought something called rose would make it worse. I got the medium1 and the medium rose. Rose was definatley for me.

Is Joppa a really good foundation?? i want to try a mineral makeup....i think ill order some tonigt. i just need to know whats best. an what site to go on!!

joppaminerals.com is my favorite. I have tried many different brands and none give me the coverage that joppa does. furthermore, it is the least irritating (no irritation whatsoever) and the lightest feeling. i highly recommend it. i also recommend starting with the foundation sampler bc you get two choices of foundations and two choices of coverage.

Everyday Minerals you get free samples but you get a variety not only foundation alone. You only pay shipping it's hard to pick the color but if you read the information first then it gets easier. It took me out 2 samples packs to order to find my right color but even if it's just $6 wasted it isn't that bad.

With Joppa is a different story they don't offer samples you can get on its own. But if you place an order and buy any product and request for samples you will surely get them. Their customer service is good and they do answer all questions.

Onyxraven thanks, for posting this about everyday minerals I love, love, love, free stuff. So I ordered some last night. I also like the fact that u can get more free samples if u don't get the right colors w/ your first order. The color selection was impressive.

Is Joppa a really good foundation?? i want to try a mineral makeup....i think ill order some tonigt. i just need to know whats best. an what site to go on!!

hey stevie lee,

i personally love everyday minerals. i did have to order around 3 sample kits to find my best colour match. But at least the sample kits are free, just pay for shipping. (7.00 AU dollars to get to australia) check everydayminerals out! they have heaps of foundation colours n blush colours :wub: i TOTALLY love the CHIT CHAT blush :wub::wub: ..... its really nice and sparkly, but doesnt make you look like a disco ball :D

tash ox