Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Melfice2k

Canned Fishes.......???!!!

Hey guys just question what do you think about canned fishes? Let's say salmon or tuna is safe to eat? There also many version such as without oil or added olive oil..?? Which brands do you prefer?

Thanks

As i understand it, salmon doesn't really have the same issues with mercury contamination as tuna does. You are supposed to limit your tuna consumption to a couple times a week i think. I like canned tuna packed with oil, not water, and i like it best with olive oil. Canned salmon is nice, but it often contains the (edible) pin bones which i'm not real fond of encountering - it takes a while to clean out the bones from a can of salmon.

I thought it was the other way around... Canned stuff can never replace raw stuff in terms of freshness and nutrition (and lack of preservatives for that matter).

When it comes to salmon look for the wild kind ('wild salmon') which should ensure that the fish wasn't breeded under who knows what conditions. This should apply for other kinds of fish too.

Yes agree nothing can replace raw fresh salmon.. But sad in our country salmon fish is so expencive becouse in our caspian sea there is no salmon.. So for me only way to buy frozen (Very expencive) or canned..

I thought it was the other way around... Canned stuff can never replace raw stuff in terms of freshness and nutrition (and lack of preservatives for that matter).

When it comes to salmon look for the wild kind ('wild salmon') which should ensure that the fish wasn't breeded under who knows what conditions. This should apply for other kinds of fish too.

The healthiest canned fish are:

Wild Alaskan/Pacific Salmon

Wild Sardines

Wild Herring

Almost all other canned fish have mercury and/or PCB levels that are high enough to be avoided if you want optimal health. Also, the bones in canned fish are soft and completely edible and are a great source of calcium.

IIRC, Chicken of the Sea and some other companies were sued over unsafe mercury levels in their products. If I were you, I would avoid "mainstream" canned fish, and, for that matter, mainstream food altogether.

I buy canned Alaskan Salmon from time to time to cook with. Although I definitely prefer the fresh stuff, I can't always afford premium fresh salmon for cooking purposes.

canned or fresh, smaller fish are better to eat, because they have less levels of mecury in their system (bigger fish= more time swimming around with higher levels of mercury).

canned or fresh, smaller fish are better to eat, because they have less levels of mecury in their system (bigger fish= more time swimming around with higher levels of mercury).

How would you know if the fish were large or small if they're canned?

How would you know if the fish were large or small if they're canned?

Tuna are huge, salmon are kinda small, and sardines are tiny............it depends on the species of fish.....

Anyone tried John west wild salmon?

IPB Image

------------------------------------------------------------

Yeh seems I dont have another way :pray:

I would still prefer salmon it is friend of skin ^_^

All fish is friend of the skin :D

You should become a fish.

Fish do not have acne :D

Doesnt tuna have iodine in it? :( I am eating a tuna sandwich right now and I looke up iodine and tuna and it says tuna has iodine in it :( I hope this doesnt make me break out.

Doesnt tuna have iodine in it? :( I am eating a tuna sandwich right now and I looke up iodine and tuna and it says tuna has iodine in it :( I hope this doesnt make me break out.

i dont think tuna should worsen your acne to a great degree.....