Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I'm 26 years old. A couple of years ago, I was diligently following the Regiement, but found that it made me wrinkle, eventually, I decided that wrinkles weren't worth the clear skin, so i stopped and eventually, I broke out again.

I'm strarting to use BP again but I really need to figure out how to tackle this premature wrinkling issue. I'm using a 2.5% aqueous gel (PanOxyl 2.5%), and have extremely oily skin. To the point that I need to wash my face everyday in the middle of the day to get the extra oil out.

Twice a day, I diligently cleanse, BP up, and then moisturise, (still have some eucerin renewal that I'm finishing up)

Anyone have any tips? I"m told AHA is useless for oily skin since it's a water-soluble solution... I'm only on week 2, so maybe my oily skin will eventually decrease?

Any advice would be great, thanks all!

im not sure about the wrinkle thing because i know not many people ive spoken to have actually contributed wrinkles to benzoyl peroxide etc.

mayb its a co-insidence ?

as for AHA lotions i say wait a few more weeks then add an AHA moisturiser.

but only use at night as it wil prob make ur skin a bit red and burny so if u use it at night until your skin settles down that wud make more sense i reckon :D

The wrinkles are from surface dehydration. Even though your skin is oily, it can still dehydrate and become oily and dry at the same time. The only thing you can is moisturize plenty. If the wrinkles persist, then Bp may be too drying for your skin.

The wrinkles are from surface dehydration. Even though your skin is oily, it can still dehydrate and become oily and dry at the same time. The only thing you can is moisturize plenty. If the wrinkles persist, then Bp may be too drying for your skin.

There lies the problem. If i moisturise too much, my skin gets so oily that it gets napkins wet with oil.

My concern with AHA isn't dryness, it's that it's made for mostly dry skin, and is water soluble, so i don't know if it would help oily skin in the end.

I had that problem too; In fact, my "wrinkles" were just around my mouth area, and it bothered me insanely. I've found that now the best way to keep them away and actually fix them is to apply Olay Sensitive Moisture Therapy Lotion on JUST that area; you don't need a lot, as the lotion is very potent. :)

It takes a little time for them to go away (just apply a drop or two of lotion to the wrinkled areas daily) and it should go away before you know it.

I tried using Cetaphil lotion on those areas, and it didn't seem to help. For some reason the Olay lotion works much better, and it's cheap too, so try it!

The lotion again is "Olay Sensitive Moisture Therapy Lotion". It should be around $6 for 4 oz at Wal-Mart. It's oil-free and scent free. It's a really good product to have around because it is SO incredibly gentle, it doesn't burn sensitive skin like mine, not even around the eyes!

Lac-hydrin 5 does a great job @ moisturizing while not getting oily. And it is an aha formula. I have oily skin and it works great for me.

I'm 26 years old. A couple of years ago, I was diligently following the Regiement, but found that it made me wrinkle, eventually, I decided that wrinkles weren't worth the clear skin, so i stopped and eventually, I broke out again.

I'm strarting to use BP again but I really need to figure out how to tackle this premature wrinkling issue. I'm using a 2.5% aqueous gel (PanOxyl 2.5%), and have extremely oily skin. To the point that I need to wash my face everyday in the middle of the day to get the extra oil out.

Twice a day, I diligently cleanse, BP up, and then moisturise, (still have some eucerin renewal that I'm finishing up)

Anyone have any tips? I"m told AHA is useless for oily skin since it's a water-soluble solution... I'm only on week 2, so maybe my oily skin will eventually decrease?

Any advice would be great, thanks all!

Hi,

I agree pretty much with what everyone else has said.

The "wrinkles" are typically dehydrated skin. BP is drying, even to oily skin, and will leave the skin cells dehydrated, so finding a good moisturizer that you like is pretty essential to keeping your skin hydrated while on a bp regimen.

First, be sure your cleanser is gentle and not overly drying. Then you need to find a moisturizer that you can live with that will hydrate but not leave you overly shiny. My skin is super oily too, so I know the challenge in finding a good moisturizer that doesn't leave anymore shine than necessary. My two favorite's are Lac-Hydrin Five and Moisturel. They are both oil-free and non-comedogenic and the least shiny moisturizers I've tried to date. LHF has a bit of lactic acid so it will help exfoliate if that is something you desire. I don't think AHA's are useless on oily skin, they just can't penetrate deep due to the oil but they will exfoliate the surface of your skin and that usually keeps flakes at bay. Moisturel is just a basic normal moisturizer, nothing fancy about it. I can slather it on pretty good and it really hydrates and plumps up my skin when it looks and feels dehydrated.

As for the shine issue, us folks with oily skin just have to do what we can. I blot several times a day, and use pressed powder too. The only thing that ever reduced my oil was Accutane. Believe me, I hate the oil and shine too, but skipping moisturizer just makes my skin look too yucky and dehydrated.

I dont really have any wrinkles from BP.

But if you want to do the regimen and not worry about skin damage/dryness, look into jojoba oil. There is a lot of info on here about it, its miracle stuff, trust me. Ive been using it less than a week and my skin is almost completely healed and smoothe.