Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
greg06

Cosmoderm/Cosmoplast

I had one cosmoderm injection done in a deep depressed scar that was about 5mm in diameter. That scar really never seemed to go back to the baseline. I don't know if my own collagen filled in the area or if the fact that the scar moved to the top of the skin allowed my topicals to work better. Has anyone had a similar experience with collagen injections? I mean the effects of the injection did wear off after a while, but the scar seemed to improve dramatically after that.

this is not your imagination at all. I have read in medical journals how collagen injection will lead (in many people) to stimulation of your own collagen in that area, hence the residual fill. and the effects can be accumulative i.e. moe cosmoplast injection, more fill.

Did your cosmoplast level your scar originally?, how depressed was the scar?

I had one cosmoderm injection done in a deep depressed scar that was about 5mm in diameter. That scar really never seemed to go back to the baseline. I don't know if my own collagen filled in the area or if the fact that the scar moved to the top of the skin allowed my topicals to work better. Has anyone had a similar experience with collagen injections? I mean the effects of the injection did wear off after a while, but the scar seemed to improve dramatically after that.

Yeah, how long ago?

Yes I think I have noticed that my rolling scars have filled in some after a long use of cosmoderm injections. I think maybe that's why some have had good results with saline injections.

I had the scar filled in November 2005. It was extremely deep and looked like someone bit a chunk out of my face! Currently, the scar is completely level. The collagen injection brought the scar to the surface for about a month then I didn't notice the improvements as much I don't think. But I would say in February 2006 I started to see it really level out a lot.