Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pleaseoplease

so what happens from here?...

yep i knw i'm probably annoying a ton of people by writing this, hell i'm annoying myself. but i just need something to look forward to, cause i guess that's really how we get by. anyway, i picked at my face so badly, it's tough to look in the mirror. had SAT's today, found myself hiding from people. so pathetic. can't say it was all that bad to begin with, i think i'm alright with makeup on. but now it looks like i have damn chicken pox cause there's red blots ALL OVER.

what i'm asking basically is, how long does it take to recover from this? cause it's kinda scabbing, sick i knw, and i don't know how i could bare going to school and facing everyone-i dont knw how to be strong. i never was. luckily my best friend is the greatest guy i knw and has been through all this shit, AND is religious, and trying to help me. but no matter how much psychological crap i try n tell myself, and how minutely better i feel, the moment i see myself in the mirror i want to cry. seeing all these girls with lovely complexions...lord help me...help all of us.

yep i knw i'm probably annoying a ton of people by writing this, hell i'm annoying myself. but i just need something to look forward to, cause i guess that's really how we get by. anyway, i picked at my face so badly, it's tough to look in the mirror. had SAT's today, found myself hiding from people. so pathetic. can't say it was all that bad to begin with, i think i'm alright with makeup on. but now it looks like i have damn chicken pox cause there's red blots ALL OVER.

what i'm asking basically is, how long does it take to recover from this? cause it's kinda scabbing, sick i knw, and i don't know how i could bare going to school and facing everyone-i dont knw how to be strong. i never was. luckily my best friend is the greatest guy i knw and has been through all this shit, AND is religious, and trying to help me. but no matter how much psychological crap i try n tell myself, and how minutely better i feel, the moment i see myself in the mirror i want to cry. seeing all these girls with lovely complexions...lord help me...help all of us.

You aren't annoying anyone. Talking about this stuff is what these forums are for. I can't say from personal experience how long it would take to recover from a pick-fest (I prefer killing blemishes with chemicals). But I think I read some people only take a week or so, if they use bp. try not to think about it. i know, not as easy as it sounds. fixate on something else. something you have a bit more control over.

It'll take about 5- 10 days prolly for the scabs to fall off. TAKE MY WORD FOR THIS THOUGH apply NEOSPORIN + PAIN RELIEF 3-5x's a day or as much as u can even if it's just at night since u wear make-up. The redness will go away almost immediately and the scabs will heal a lot faster also. Do not take your chances and apply BP it is not good and can cause permanent scarring if u apply it to your scabs b/c it dries them out and is not good for the healing process. I know some might disagree w/ me but I'm talking from exp. and yes BP is good to fight acne and the majority might not have the effect of scarring fom applying it to scabs but I did and now I have scars so I know from first hand exp. and for God's sake please don't pick the scabs what's a week or two of scabs opposed to a lifetime w/ a scar.

It'll take about 5- 10 days prolly for the scabs to fall off. TAKE MY WORD FOR THIS THOUGH apply NEOSPORIN + PAIN RELIEF 3-5x's a day or as much as u can even if it's just at night since u wear make-up. The redness will go away almost immediately and the scabs will heal a lot faster also.

Isn't petroleum a key ingredient in neosporin?

Oh yeah like vaseline and what not it does. If she only applies it to her scabs she'll be okay I just worry about her possibly scarring which is why she should use it , so she'll kill 2 birds w/ one stone cause it'll get rid of the redness too.

Oh yeah like vaseline and what not it does. If she only applies it to her scabs she'll be okay I just worry about her possibly scarring which is why she should use it , so she'll kill 2 birds w/ one stone cause it'll get rid of the redness too.

Does it really kill redness or is it like visine?

It shouldn't take much time, really. Now you just have to be gentle with your skin, moisturizing is very important now... The scabbing will go away in some days (if you keep them well moisturized), but maybe you will have some light red marks, which anyway will take 1-2 weeks, since they are from pressure, not the pimple itself...

Good luck, and don't worry, you'll recover soon :)

it probably depends on how fast your skin heals. it shouldnt be more then a week or so. i used neosporin once on my face when i got a burn and it made it heal so much faster, got rid of redness.

they won't scar, because they don't sound like deep large spots. Just leave them alone okay :)

It relly does kill redness. BTW it's Maximum Strenght Neosporin + Pain. I checked the ingredients and it doesn't contain Petroleum.

I know exactly how you feel. Every time my skin acts up I feel like absolute crap. And every time I look in the mirror, I feel like death. Just hang in there and hope your skin gets better soon.