Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

My acne had gotten so bad and my derm appointment isnt for another 4 days so i have vowed to stay home until i can get it under control. its just too upsetting, embarrassing...etc. to go out. i live with my boyfriend and he feels bad and stays in with me most of the time, he's tried to be so sweet. but he had to go out tonight and said he'd be back in an hour... then called and asked if he could stay out longer. i cant really say no because why should i make him suffer for my problem...but i still cant help but be pissed! i have to sit here hating what has happened to my self esteem and my once clear skin while he gets to drink, laugh and have fun with his buddies. i know i have no right to be mad...but I AM!! I hate this! im like a prisoner in my body. what kinda pisses me off even more is we have no food in the house and he said he was bringing me dinner...now im pissed and starving! ulghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. i probably sound really stupid...but i hate how acne has made me feel!!! :(

Welcome to the boards! There's alot of people here who understand exactly what you're going through. Please keep sharing and feel free to keep venting - that's what we are here for!

"im like a prisoner in my body."

Join the club.

Sorry to hear about the "stuck at home" situation. I think a lot of us are in the same predicament.

i know how you feel suzylee...! but now you're already taking steps to take back control, by going to the derm and getting something to help. hope you find something that works!

NOW.....imagine having bad acne or pimples and NOT having a gf!!!!!!

thats how I suffer.if you dont have perfect skin its near impossible to get a nice gf.so if i were you id look at the positive side.at least your bf likes you for whats inside and not out ;)

NOW.....imagine having bad acne or pimples and NOT having a gf!!!!!!

thats how I suffer.if you dont have perfect skin its near impossible to get a nice gf.so if i were you id look at the positive side.at least your bf likes you for whats inside and not out ;)

well said

Its like when you watch Extreme Makeover.the lady sobs and sobs about how ugly she is BLA BLA BLA...and 2 feet away sits her handsome husband :rolleyes:

my acne ACTUALLY inhibits me from getting girls attention and my friends are always fuckin getting girls ahead of me.even if i make them laugh more,,,i aint 'hot' enough and dont have perfect skin :evil: