Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dannyg

tetracycline cream

has anyone tried the topical forms of tetracycline - minocycline that kind of stuff.

i was on oxytetracycline tablets for months - they made me so tired and my skin so sensitive.

but they worked.. now ive stopped but have tried all kinds of products. now they're coming back, pushing

under my skin.... does it ever end??

has anyone tried the topical forms of tetracycline - minocycline that kind of stuff.

i was on oxytetracycline tablets for months - they made me so tired and my skin so sensitive.

but they worked.. now ive stopped but have tried all kinds of products. now they're coming back, pushing

under my skin.... does it ever end??

Well Tetracycline is a antibiotic that unfortunately suppresses your immune system (that's why you were weak), in order to kill all the bacteria within your body (it kills your good and bad bacteria, I think)... Now putting it on the skin... I would not recommend it. You skin will continue to reject waste matter through the skin, as long as your body is filled with toxins. To minimize breakouts, you must allow your body to rid itself of poisons through other means... like through the bowels, for example. Basically, you might want to reconsider some of your eating habits, and try to built up your resistance in general. It's a complicated affair.

I follow a dairy-free, whole grain, porridge-filled, fruit-laden, low-sugar, low sat-fat diet. is there anything else i can do?

I've never heard of topical tetracycline. there are other topical ABs though, such as clindamycin. usually though a combination of a topical and oral AB works best.