Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

It's weird, ive been on accutane for three weeks and there is this rough feeling on my face, as if the pores are purging or something, feels like little little pebbles, and the skin seems to be somewhat dry and at the same time oily, weird combination...

Just wanted to know... does this go as time passes on the medication? and has anyone experienced this?

thanks a lot.

I didn't know quite how to describe what I am going through but you just did. Thank you...lol.

I've been on it for 2 weeks and my face is no longer as dry as it was in the first few days of beginning treatment. And I am getting this rough feeling, too. Also, the dry lip side effect has lessened. I also am getting cysts again after a 2 week complete clearing.

Don't know what to think but I've heard it gets worse before it gets better for about 20% of folks.

Good luck,

Platinum

I didn't know quite how to describe what I am going through but you just did. Thank you...lol.

I've been on it for 2 weeks and my face is no longer as dry as it was in the first few days of beginning treatment. And I am getting this rough feeling, too. Also, the dry lip side effect has lessened. I also am getting cysts again after a 2 week complete clearing.

Don't know what to think but I've heard it gets worse before it gets better for about 20% of folks.

Good luck,

Platinum

well isn't accutane supposed to "push out" the acne and pores, and that's why it gets worse before it gets better.

Accutane is great! Watch out for pluged glands, cause they stay here, even after tane.

Like a bump, lump. hard whatever.

Gently keep exfoliating, with a gentle scrub. Maybe use a tiny drop of BP where needed.

Moisterize, but don't go overboard.

From a tane user, for 14-16 months straight. Just to get clear.

Accutane is great! Watch out for pluged glands, cause they stay here, even after tane.

Gently keep exfoliating, with a gentle scrub. Maybe use a tiny drop of BP where needed.

I pick and poke at every little bump so I doubt they'll stand a chance. And now that I know ahead of time I will watch out for them.

Curious, what dose are you on?

Platnium

I pick and poke at every little bump so I doubt they'll stand a chance. And now that I know ahead of time I will watch out for them.

Curious, what dose are you on?

I was done a few years back. 80 - 90 mg/day 115 Lbs.

hey guys, don't worry, this happened my first month. the pores are purging. evetually is just peels off this layer. just leave it alone and let it do its job. you will be happy. i think this phase only lasted one week or 2.

Hey! This is happening to me, too! Platinum -- I'm getting these weird cysts, also after two weeks of nice 'nothing'. And my lips are suddenly not as bad as they were a few days ago.

And DanMan1 - I have these tiny little pebbly things all over (especially around my nose and around my cheekbones just beneath my eyes), too!

My forehead and the rest of my cheeks are smooth as a baby's botttom. My chin is bad. The jawline is where these mild cysts are appearing, but they seem to subside after a couple of days. Wow. This is really interesting. Glad to see something new happening after three weeks!

Thanks for the support and advice everyone.

You really think it's alright to exfoliate a little, Betty-Boop? I was going to try it tonight as my skin isn't that sensitive or that dry yet. I have to get this stuff off of my face before I pick it off (and it's sooooooo difficult for me to keep my hands off my face!)

Glad to know everything worked out for you, T4HSE!

Anyone have thoughts of the use of a light glycolic acid moisturizer? Six percent? Just on the bumpy areas?

Take care, everyone!

~M~

hey guys, don't worry, this happened my first month. the pores are purging. evetually is just peels off this layer. just leave it alone and let it do its job. you will be happy. i think this phase only lasted one week or 2.

cool, thanks a lot.

mine has been lasting through the entire month and a half i've been on accutane, only on my nose though.