Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Spense1

Friday the 13th: D-Day

You said you took 3 pills at once: sounds like you have 20mg pills. My advice is: don't take all 3 pills at once, split it 3x20mg over the whole day. This should minimize the chance to get some serious side effects.

hey, i just started today too. im on 40 mgs a day tho. Good luck and i will be reading your post and responding to see how you are doing :)

Guest been13years

Hey there,

Just found your log and I'm looking forward to reading it! I start in a month. Also, I was a history major with my concentration in medieval english history, so I lurve your signature. :wub:

Good luck!

Hi!

Looks like we started on the same day... and I'm really scared to be honest. Just like you I didn't have any problems at high school then as soon as I started university I started getting these crazy break outs. I decided that for my 25th Bday I have had enough and started on the tane.... so far nothing much except drier skin than normal. I keep looking in the mirror and expecting to see a crazy flaky girl staring back!

Anyway will be reading your log lots if thats cool

oddgirl in NZ

heya!

good luck with your course.

your story is very similar to mine, didnt have any problems throughout high school, and as soon as i turned 18 i've had problems ever since, and i'm 21 now.

I'll be reading your log intently!

cheers

matty

Guest been13years

Hey

Sounds like you're doing great! Just keep moisturizing everything. I used to extract blackheads and clogged pores myself, especially from my nose, and those holes totally close up. You probably won't have to wait till Accutane is over. Just think how many different incarnations pores have. I've had the same nose for several years, but the pores on it can go from invisible to Crater Lake National Park in less than a week. So don't worry!

:D

Guest been13years

Hey Clareo

Thanks for the encouragement in my log! You seem to be coming along very nicely. You should totally post some pix of how you look. Oh, also, what is Lucas? Is it some kind of cream whose description I missed?

:clap:

Guest been13years

Congrats on the clear skin and the weight-loss! That's awesome! I might have to check this Lucas ointment out, because if Makeup Alley says it's good, it's good, dammit.

;)

Hi Clareo,

Your skin looks fantastic -- congratulations! Re: lips, have you gotten any Dr. Dan's? It's a bit longer lasting hydration than the other stuff, and isn't very goopy so it can go under a lipgloss nicely. And you can totally re-apply chapstick while making out. Personally, I wouldn't reapply gloss, but I always (even pre-tane) reapply chapstick when my lips start to feel dry. No one has ever commented on it so I take it that it isn't that out of the ordinary. Come to think of it, I even had a bf once who carried around his own chapstick and reapplied while we were making out. Maybe he was on Accutane ;)

Quick question -- I was reading through your log and noticed that in one of your entries you mentioned having a lot of congested pores that you feared would turn into pimples...did they just go away? I'm 25 days in and have a good number of those, and I'm feeling anxious.... Any insight you have would be appreciated.

Congrats again on your great results, and hope that this is the beginning of a lifetime of clear skin! And good luck with the new boy!

-Emi

Hello,

I've been reading your log. Are things still going well? You're really making me want to ask my derm for Accutane!! I am just SOO afraid of the IB, and I have congested pores all over my nose, forehead, and cheeks. I don't get big pimples really, but just lots of tiny little ones and VERY OILY skin. :mad: I know exactly what you're talking about with the eyeshadow running, the eyeliner running, and everything else, and having to use like 5-6 blotting papers throughout the day. Yuck.

I'm interested in trying jojoba oil to wash with but I'm afraid that it might break me out. Could you give me some encouragement to try this if it's still working great for you? Thanks, and I hope you continue to have success with your treatment. :D