Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

well this is my story of what my skin issues has done to my self esteem.

Day one of puberty, i've never been the same.

I'd say 5th gradeish i started getting pimples here and there... and it evolved into this.

Not to mention my "lovely" friends who's commetns helped..

"c'mon pizza face"

"oil face"

WTF!? .. it was the fifth grade, but it seems emotional scars run deeper than acne scars.

I have never ever ever had perfectly great skin except for ONE day, junior prom, i had a facial the week before.... obviously the effects didn't last.

MY WHOLE LIFE (i'm 18 :D )

I have been SO self conscoius.

LIKE others i know

I Feel SO unatractive...

i never wore makeup., and sort of just dealt with it... got a derm in jr high... swtiched derms a couple of times... i'm still battling.

I dont know how relevant this is, but i've yet to have a real true boyfriend....(more so b/c of the lack of choices!)... i'm sure my face is not really a role *i have mild/moderate* ... somedays i'm okay .. but it comes and goes...

I saw earlier a post. i know exactly. i feel like i'm the ONLY one w/ acne. everyone else is perfect!! how so!? and not me!?!! .. it doesnt help that my friends now are completely gorgeous...

i become quiet, closed in, cover myself somehow....., i dont socialize.

it depends. i have my bouts. sometimes my skin is clear. it had been for awhile and things were great!

but now it's hell b/c i (stupidly) stopped wut i was doing...

now i'm in college. and i'm making friends.

but.... my gripe is boys.

there's one. :wub:

ONE who I see ALL the time. .everywhere around campus!! its strange like we run into eachother in the most random places. he is the only person i see on a regular daily basis who isn't in any of my classes!.. i've come to realise we sort of have the same routine. its just freaky b/c when i change it up.. he's there!!. .well

my thing is. i dont know him. his name, his age, grade. .anything.

I WANT TO. but I cannot for the life of me go up to him and give a simple "hello" whilst he eats his lunch alone.

HE's divine, gorgeous.....

and then there's me..................

and i think "why'd he want me... he wants a flawless girl"

I just sink in lower and lower..and keep losing the courage to go up and say hi...

b/c i'm so disatisfied w/ myself.

and i know in order for others to liek u , u have to like urself.

but that's just not working right now.

I dont know.

it's all a mess.

go on girl ask him!!!!!, im serious. looks dont matter, and if he doesnt like you cuz you have acne and he wants a girl with flawless skin, well then he isnt worth it. keep us posted

tash ox

:)

most of my friends have been encouraging me to go up lol.

i was today.... lol. he decided to sit waaay across the dining hall hhaha. then before i had the chance to eat my lunch and go up and say hi he was gone grrrr. (what else do u say to a stranger?! i'm sooo like nervous! hahah.. would it be wierd to just plop down and say 'hi... " lol?! haha

I cant let him pass by!

just sit next to him lol. theres nothing wrong with that. maybe he'll say something to you. i wouldn't mind you sitting next to me :). you just got to think of something to say, and then the rest of the conversation will be easy. then you can introduce yourself.

*giggles*

ohkay. *breathes in deeply* monday i'm gonna do it!! muahaha. lol. I tend to be good with cleverness.. and yah once u get past the starting a convo things go smoothly. just this time 'round nerves got the best of me!!

Guest Locked In Grace

From a guys perspective (and a rather complex one at that) i definately think you should just approach him. The Male mind is quite primitive in its response to a Female stranger approaching, at worst he will be nervous.

Just keep it simple, develop a friendship. That way when you're passing him every day, you can keep up the chit chat. It sounds like a perfect set of circumstances to start something.

everyones saying i MUST go up to him b/c

of the circusmtances being so coincidental you could say??

lol and thank you. i always like a guys perspective. lol

my gal pals tend to have their heads in the cloud .. like i sometimes.... haha

i didnt get a chance to talk to him friday............ but monday aka tomorrow. lets hope it goes better.

all i can do is say "hey. whats up"

if he doesnt reply, then HE'LL look wierd.

LOL. so i have nothing to lose :)

i didnt get a chance to talk to him friday............ but monday aka tomorrow. lets hope it goes better.

all i can do is say "hey. whats up"

if he doesnt reply, then HE'LL look wierd.

LOL. so i have nothing to lose :)

I did that with my ex-bf; nevermind the ex, but i just became too tired for him to notice me cause we did have one class together. So at one point i just followed him and once he stopped wandering aimelessly around i just came up and said "hi, i never got your name"

I swear it sounds stupid but it worked, and we dated for almost 4 years.

So if i could do it, you sure as hell can.

Good luck

sit by him or im gonna keep calling you a chicken. ;)

I dont want that!! lol.

tomorrow..... tomorrow.

*gets lump in throat*

ewok that sounds so cute.

haha

there's hope!! lol.

bah if something does come out of this.. later on down the road... we'll laugh about how much hell i went thru to get the nerve to say hello! lol

ooh ... damsell in distress lol

"Oh my.... i've dropped a book!" *puts back of palm over forehead dramatically*

"IF ONLY there was someone to help me!!"

haha

well this is my story of what my skin issues has done to my self esteem.

Day one of puberty, i've never been the same.

I'd say 5th gradeish i started getting pimples here and there... and it evolved into this.

Not to mention my "lovely" friends who's commetns helped..

"c'mon pizza face"

"oil face"

WTF!? .. it was the fifth grade, but it seems emotional scars run deeper than acne scars.

I have never ever ever had perfectly great skin except for ONE day, junior prom, i had a facial the week before.... obviously the effects didn't last.

MY WHOLE LIFE (i'm 18 :D )

I have been SO self conscoius.

LIKE others i know

I Feel SO unatractive...

i never wore makeup., and sort of just dealt with it... got a derm in jr high... swtiched derms a couple of times... i'm still battling.

I dont know how relevant this is, but i've yet to have a real true boyfriend....(more so b/c of the lack of choices!)... i'm sure my face is not really a role *i have mild/moderate* ... somedays i'm okay .. but it comes and goes...

I saw earlier a post. i know exactly. i feel like i'm the ONLY one w/ acne. everyone else is perfect!! how so!? and not me!?!! .. it doesnt help that my friends now are completely gorgeous...

i become quiet, closed in, cover myself somehow....., i dont socialize.

it depends. i have my bouts. sometimes my skin is clear. it had been for awhile and things were great!

but now it's hell b/c i (stupidly) stopped wut i was doing...

now i'm in college. and i'm making friends.

but.... my gripe is boys.

there's one. :wub:

ONE who I see ALL the time. .everywhere around campus!! its strange like we run into eachother in the most random places. he is the only person i see on a regular daily basis who isn't in any of my classes!.. i've come to realise we sort of have the same routine. its just freaky b/c when i change it up.. he's there!!. .well

my thing is. i dont know him. his name, his age, grade. .anything.

I WANT TO. but I cannot for the life of me go up to him and give a simple "hello" whilst he eats his lunch alone.

HE's divine, gorgeous.....

and then there's me..................

and i think "why'd he want me... he wants a flawless girl"

I just sink in lower and lower..and keep losing the courage to go up and say hi...

b/c i'm so disatisfied w/ myself.

and i know in order for others to liek u , u have to like urself.

but that's just not working right now.

I dont know.

it's all a mess.

Natalie dear. Even though I haven't met you in real life, your post made such an eloquent appeal to me that I just feel like I've known you for a long time. I can relate to your feelings so well.

Anyways my advice for the guy is don't approach him expecting to please him. He eats lunch alone so he needs company. If you have lunch with him, he is thankful to have a company. Remember, when it comes to decisions of whether to do it or not, the answer is usually do it and not have to deal with regrets.

Well i've yet to actually approach him the past couple weeks I've been busy/not on my usual route.

but today I made an effor sort of lol. I sat down next to him. at the exact moment he finished lol.... he kind of just got up and got his things together.. loooked at me a bit. lol it was kind of akward i didn't want to look up lol.

then later on I walked upstairs to this loungy/study area... and I walked by. then after i'd walked i noticed it was him.. but as i walked by he did a "double take" so to say lol..... :lol: .. i smiled.

hah.

sooo wed. i'm just gonna suck it up and do it. lol i've been so nervous/chicken. but i'm done w/ that. lol.

i'm going to say something along the lines of.. (well hello first).. that i've been seein u around lately.. i noticed u have a whole sleeve tattoo. that's really cool.....

did it hurt? or....... did u get it done all in one sitting?? lol

i have a tattoo as well and thought we could feed off eachother on that topic. lol.

finallllly i have a plan. lol

i'm going to say something along the lines of.. (well hello first).. that i've been seein u around lately.. i noticed u have a whole sleeve tattoo. that's really cool.....

did it hurt? or....... did u get it done all in one sitting?? lol

i have a tattoo as well and thought we could feed off eachother on that topic. lol.

finallllly i have a plan. lol

Perform it to yourself infront of a mirror to iron out the creases = a very smooth start. Don't sit to far away, be bubbly and energetic. good luck.

Ps. If you're at lunch eat slow, nothing could be worse than getting the hickups or starting to choke on food because you're eating to fast

I tend to take my time eating during lunch, not usually in a rush. He never really has anywhere to go but by god I sit down and blink and this guy is done with his food........... must be some burrito.

anyway. thanks for the advice :)

i'll keep everyone posted haha

Good luck Natalie! You're a cute girl and you seem like a very sweet and down to earth girl, by your posts. Just act casual.. don't think about it too much. Just say whatever you feel at the moment, be spontaneous. Like someone said before, I'm sure he'll be glad he has some company.. and besides, guys aren't like us girls. He won't think you're weird for sitting down next to him. What's the worst that can happen anyway?? :)