Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dreamweaver66

Have you Found that if you Post on the Makeup Board about scarring

I posted one yesterday and so far no response. I posted about indented scarring.

So I went thru about 15 pages on the makeup board and found several people asking the same questions and getting no responses either.

WTF..........we need makeup tips too.

Don't worry. I rarely get responses on that thread. Possibly cause I'm not into minerals. I think the general consenses for indented or scarred skin is to use a primer or spackle underneath foundation. I am still looking for a makeup to minimize scars. I don't have alot of deep scars, but the few I have seem to be alot more obvious with makup on. I suppose the makeup levels out or smooths the rest of the skin and skintone and any indents just become more obvious. I was always curious if a really good mineral makeup might make the difference. I have tried physicians formula and jane ireland ( wrong color). I actually tried to order a sample kit but somehow had a glitch in the payment system and it wouln't let me complete the transaction.

Hi tryingstill,

I am thinking minerals are not for me either.

I am scared of primer because of the silicones, every one that I have tried has left me with little bumps on my face.

I think you are absolutely right about the makeup issue, it is a catch22. It can even out your skintone, but it sinks into scars and pores.

Thanks for your input!!

Have you tried the cliniqe pore minimizer , instant perfector. Does not break me out at all. Also the Avon, yes Avon perfect 12 hour wear has a pretty heavy coverage which feels good on the skin and contains hyaluronic acid. Not many makeups do. Clinique makeups except the clarifying one ( is good but drying and looks a bit cakey) break me out. I can't wear many brands of makeup and the Avon perfect wear 12 hour is one of the best I've tried.

Have you tried the cliniqe pore minimizer , instant perfector. Does not break me out at all. Also the Avon, yes Avon perfect 12 hour wear has a pretty heavy coverage which feels good on the skin and contains hyaluronic acid. Not many makeups do. Clinique makeups except the clarifying one ( is good but drying and looks a bit cakey) break me out. I can't wear many brands of makeup and the Avon perfect wear 12 hour is one of the best I've tried.

I agree

I have used the Pore Minimizer by linique for well over a year and a half and it doesnt cause breakouts, and it really does do a good job at filling in particularly ice pick/enlarged pores. But I find that patting it into the area rather than rubbing it on makes a big difference :)

I totally agree about the makeup forum. I think the less makeup u use the better when it comes to scarring 9x's out of 10 I think the scars look more obvious when u cake it on. I use Estee Lauder Bronze Godess Bronzer it doesn't make u look orange like clinique or Lancome bronzers and since it makes ur complexion appear to b darker I think it helps to distract attention from the scars. I also use Mac loverush blush and I apply it to the apples of my cheeks (where I don't have scarring)to help distract from my scars the color is gorgeous and it's gives u the look of a slight sunburn.

I HATE mineraI make up! Made my pores Iook huge!

I just use a IittIe dermabIend as a conceIor on red marks and demarkation areas but onIy thinIy. I hate the feeI of foundation and i agree that it makes scars Iook more obvious.

Def think iII give instant perfecter a go tho as it seem to get rave reviews.

As for the make up section..i nvr go there. Guess the majority of ppI there have acne rather than scars, or maybe, Iike us, most ppI with scars prefer not to wear much make up(reaIising it just makes things Iook worse) and dont bother going to that section.

I have quite a few scars on my cheeks, and I have to say that mineral makeup is godsend for me. In my opinion, primer is very important to getting the flawless look. It forms basically a smooth layer on top of your skin to fill in minor indents and wrinkles and the makeup clings to the primer. This makes it so that the makeup does not sink into your pores later on in the day.

And I can't stress enough how important it is to use a good set of makeup brushes. They are key.

I also agree about the makeup forum. I'd rather stick around here. Regarding mineral makeup though, I think it's all in the brand you buy. Brands like Bare Escentuals (which is one of the top brands) uses talc and that is what makes your pores look big. Really upsetting. I used it for years and just thought that was the way it was had to be b/c I still preferred it over liquid. There are a couple of places I've bought mine that doesn't use talc and once in particular that doesn't use Bismuth Oxychloride, which is what irritates your skin and leaves those bumps and breakouts. I ordered samples from them, $1.00 each I think and I really, really liked it, so I ordered the full size which should be here this week. Their prices were good too. It's www.aubreynicole.com

I have rosacea and severe sacrring (rolling scars) and I absolutely love this stuff. Even before mineral makeup I was using my powder all over my face, rather than liquid foundation, b/c liquid just emphasized my scars. I like the way mineral makeup is on my face b/c less looks alot better (albeit far from flawless - but my scarring is bad) and I don't break out at all from it, which I did constantly with liquid foundation. AND it really is a matter of using the right brush too to get perfect coverage and not look cakey. Use a kabuki or chiseled powder brush. But you have to get good ones, or they will shed. That site has really nice brushes too that won't shed. OK, I'm staring to sound like a commerical for mineral makeup - sorry. Just wanted to say don't give up on it, it's really so much better for your skin and can give you a great look compared to liquid.

And while I do sound like a commercial - that same website has some really good rosacea kits and glycolic acid peel kits and more for post laser skin and sensitive skin....it seems I'm always on the lookout for good skin products and spending way too much money before I finally find them!

Hope this helps some,

Karen

Just wanted to let u guys know I just got a couple of things I really like 1. Smashbox Photofinish primerw/ Dermaxyl Complex 2. Tweeze by Emjoi. Smshbx primer works really good it's new and it's supposed to also decrease wrinkles after like 30 days. It's better and less expensive than Sue Devitt. The Smshbx primer is tanish not the white colored one. As for the tweeze it eliminates facial hair and it reallly works I don't like waxing b/c Idon't think it's good for your skin and it makes me break-out just a couple of sugg. hope this helps someone.

I also agree about the makeup forum. I'd rather stick around here. Regarding mineral makeup though, I think it's all in the brand you buy. Brands like Bare Escentuals (which is one of the top brands) uses talc and that is what makes your pores look big. Really upsetting. I used it for years and just thought that was the way it was had to be b/c I still preferred it over liquid. There are a couple of places I've bought mine that doesn't use talc and once in particular that doesn't use Bismuth Oxychloride, which is what irritates your skin and leaves those bumps and breakouts. I ordered samples from them, $1.00 each I think and I really, really liked it, so I ordered the full size which should be here this week. Their prices were good too. It's www.aubreynicole.com

I have rosacea and severe sacrring (rolling scars) and I absolutely love this stuff. Even before mineral makeup I was using my powder all over my face, rather than liquid foundation, b/c liquid just emphasized my scars. I like the way mineral makeup is on my face b/c less looks alot better (albeit far from flawless - but my scarring is bad) and I don't break out at all from it, which I did constantly with liquid foundation. AND it really is a matter of using the right brush too to get perfect coverage and not look cakey. Use a kabuki or chiseled powder brush. But you have to get good ones, or they will shed. That site has really nice brushes too that won't shed. OK, I'm staring to sound like a commerical for mineral makeup - sorry. Just wanted to say don't give up on it, it's really so much better for your skin and can give you a great look compared to liquid.

And while I do sound like a commercial - that same website has some really good rosacea kits and glycolic acid peel kits and more for post laser skin and sensitive skin....it seems I'm always on the lookout for good skin products and spending way too much money before I finally find them!

Hope this helps some,

Karen

:think: You and Aubrey Nicole have the same first name-Karen.