Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Okay im sitting in class right talking to my friend who is sitting next to me. We were talking about work and just catching up. (it was good cuz I haven’t seen her in a wk). I have a couple of pimples on the right side of my face, but nothing major. So were sitting there laughing, chatting, and really enjoying ourselves. Then she like scans the right side of my face for like a second with a little smirk on her face. (I saw her eyes gaze around, so obviously). Then she goes, ‘‘oh don’t you hate it when you get a pimple on ur nose. Cuz at work right I had a zit on my nose and this guy asked me do you have a nose ring. Ohhhhh it was sooo embarrassing.’’ :eh:

Blah blah. And im like thinking f***n hell. :eh::hand::snooty::think::wall::wall: Its like she gets reminded to bring an ‘acne’ topic up by looking at my face. Dunno. :doubt: Or she wants to embarrass me. I wasn’t upset or embarrassed, just really peed off. :wall::rolleyes: And then I was thinking, if I saw someone who was having a little trouble with their skin, I wouldn’t OBVIOUSLY look at their face and then talk about acne. Its just rude. :snooty: I was so angry. Your probably thinking that’s nothing, but I am really angry cuz it’s the SECOND time shes done this. The first time, she looked at my face for a second then she goes ‘have you ever gotten a pimple on ur nose. They hurt sooo much’ shes so rude. (always talking about a zit on her nose) :eh::eh::eh: Next time this happens I am going to be straight up with her. (and btw shes got clear skin. And I don’t even think she gets zits on her nose. Shes probably just saying it to embarrass me or something) anyway I don’t care about it, im over it but next time it happens that’s it. Once was okay, second is enough, third shes pushing the line. I just wanted to let out what I was feeling. I hope this doesn’t happen again, cuz shes a great girl.

Tash ox

can someone plz tell me is this rude, or am i just overreacting?

If someone looked at my face, noticed my acne, and asked me if i hated getting pimples in a certain location because they did, and they actually ended up having completely clear skin... I'd tell them they are socially retarded, and walk away.

no, you're not overreacting. next time tell her, "fuck you." or point out one of her problem areas such as: tit size, butt size, waist size, nose size, teeth, teeth color.

You could turn the tables and put her in the spotlight....Just say you've tried so many products but haven't found anything that is totally effective on your pimples. Then ask her what she used to get rid of the pimple on her nose because it absolutely doesn't show at all.

If she did have a pimple, maybe she can give you some good advise. If she never had a pimple, it will put her on the spot to explain herself and come up with a believable explanation. [i love to make people squirm with discomfort and embarassment ;) ] This way, it may get through her mean-spirited brain that you are on to her lies and may prevent her from bringing this subject up again and you've done it without being rude.

If this doesn't work, then go all out with both barrels blazing.

Guest Locked In Grace

It's bound to happen. If people don't truly suffer from acne, they're not aware of it's impact. You just have to speak out, stand up for yourself. Just take it all in your stride.

I remember one time when I was living in the dorms at my college I had jsut taken a shower and walked out into my room. My roommate had a friend over (a girl, nonetheless) who immediately gasped and said, "Oh my god! What happened to your face?"

I mumbled something about bug bites and shook my head in disbelief. In this case, I think she was totally ignorant, but it was humiliating either way.

"Okay im sitting in class right talking to my friend who is sitting next to me..."

Why the hell do you still consider this person a friend after she has done this twice?

Fuck that, she is very rude, I wouldnt hang out with somebody like that.

omg! this just reminded me of someone who claimed to be one of my 'best friends'. she did things very similar to that one to me more than twice in the presence of my other friends! that definitely was a total bitch attitude!

and she wasnt the only person who brought up topics of my acne. there were more.

It's bound to happen. If people don't truly suffer from acne, they're not aware of it's impact. You just have to speak out, stand up for yourself. Just take it all in your stride.

I agree. That's true.

I remember one time when I was living in the dorms at my college I had jsut taken a shower and walked out into my room. My roommate had a friend over (a girl, nonetheless) who immediately gasped and said, "Oh my god! What happened to your face?"

I mumbled something about bug bites and shook my head in disbelief. In this case, I think she was totally ignorant, but it was humiliating either way.

Even for someone ignorant, that is absolutely unacceptable.

"Okay im sitting in class right talking to my friend who is sitting next to me..."

Why the hell do you still consider this person a friend after she has done this twice?

Fuck that, she is very rude, I wouldnt hang out with somebody like that.

She is not your friend.

if she does it again, take a look at her and then say,

don't you just hate it when you have so much hair on your upper lip and have to shave?

:P

:hand: I agree with everyone, that's like staring at someone who has a disfigurement like a lost limb and blurt out omg what happened to your leg?

very very rude .......not a friend at all

Thanks for your comments guys. I guess i wasnt over reacting. This made me think of what person she really is. Guess i didnt really see it.