Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ReiseReise

Meeting an old friend I havent seen for a long time

I'm so unbelievably depressed at the moment :(, I should be the happiest I've been for a long time because I'm getting to see a close friend and we havent met for 2 years but basically she hasent seen me since I've had acne :(. Sods law that I have possibly just had the worst breakout today I have ever had, I am so scared what she will think because the way I look before is so much different. I know people will say if she was a good friend it wouldnt matter but still people judge, even friends do. Anyone had a similar experience? I just cant get over the fact my face has just had such a terrible outbreak, it couldnt be anymore worse timing :(, the person I see in the mirror is not me.

I'm so unbelievably depressed at the moment :(, I should be the happiest I've been for a long time because I'm getting to see a close friend and we havent met for 2 years but basically she hasent seen me since I've had acne :(. Sods law that I have possibly just had the worst breakout today I have ever had, I am so scared what she will think because the way I look before is so much different. I know people will say if she was a good friend it wouldnt matter but still people judge, even friends do. Anyone had a similar experience? I just cant get over the fact my face has just had such a terrible outbreak, it couldnt be anymore worse timing :(, the person I see in the mirror is not me.

It sounds similar when friends meet after a long time and one is out of shape, or been in an accident and is handicapped, or have changed their hair style, or has cancer, or is about to die. There is inevitably going to be a shock value. If you had a clear face your whole life or the time she knew you, then your "clear face immortality" will be gone from her mind. It will be dissappointing for her to see you like that. She might not say it and might not act different, but she will notice and it will make her feel sad (if she is a good friend) or happy (if she is the devil in disguise). It's like see Michael Jordan come back after he went out on top in 1998 and suck for the Wizards. Some of his immortality was lost forever. If you go out on top, you will be a legend. If you show your weakness and imperfection, you will become mortal. Good luck. Case closed.

:ninja:

My ex is comin to visit me in a week, and my face is all gross from the IB i got from accutane! So I'm going through basically the same thing, the only difference is that appearance is a little more relevant in my case. Seriously, your friend is just guna be so happy to see you it probably wont even cross her mind. And even if it does, it'll be like "oh, she broke out, that sucks... moving on!" Seriously she wont even think twice about it! She's interested in YOU, not your face ;)

It sounds similar when friends meet after a long time and one is out of shape, or been in an accident and is handicapped, or have changed their hair style, or has cancer, or is about to die. There is inevitably going to be a shock value. If you had a clear face your whole life or the time she knew you, then your "clear face immortality" will be gone from her mind. It will be dissappointing for her to see you like that. She might not say it and might not act different, but she will notice and it will make her feel sad (if she is a good friend) or happy (if she is the devil in disguise). It's like see Michael Jordan come back after he went out on top in 1998 and suck for the Wizards. Some of his immortality was lost forever. If you go out on top, you will be a legend. If you show your weakness and imperfection, you will become mortal. Good luck. Case closed.

comparing changing a hair style to someone almost ready to die is one of the most outrageous things i have ever read.

i mean, i guess it makes sense, but i dont think people have the same reaction to someone who is about to die as someone who just changed their hair style.

its a hair style. its not their entire life.

hahah loved watchin mike on the wizard = knick fan

reise she;s going to find out either way she'll ntice but she;s your friend she wont make fun of u ... i kno is hard but enjoy ur time with her i mean u havent seen each othe in 2 yrs u should be thinking babout where u all gon chill and what not...i kno is hard to do but kee ur mind on lighter side of things hope all goes well

totally feel your pain

When my skin is clear and looking relatively good (despite the scarring) I inevitable end up NOT running into anyone. But when I have a bad breakout, I always run into someone who i havent' seen for a while and it's like NOOOOO! :)

My friend wants to set me up with her cousin's cousin, but I told her not now, since I've had one of the worst breakouts in years right now (going on month 3) and I've totally restricted my diet, so I said I'll ahve to meet the guy later on when I feel more confident. So shitty :wacko:

I tried it with my best friend whó I only see a few times each year, and there was no problems at all. As it has been said before, sure they will notice but after a short while they will have forgotten all about it, trust me. Just pretend nothing is there, and you'll quickly be talking and doing the same things you've done so many times before

well i can answer this one. back in yr 12 when i had no acne i hand t seen my cousin in over a year and the last time i had seen him he had perfect skin. we were goin overseas with each other and i met him at the airport, when i first saw him i must admit i was shocked, he really did have very bad acne, alot worse than anyone i have seen on here, in fact it was probably one of the worst cases of acne i had seen on someone before. trust me i didnt think any less of him and after prob 30 secs it was like we picked right up where we left off and i didnt evan think about his acne. thinking back on it now he was actually really good about his skin, still very confident and didnt let it bother him much at all, i remember he was on medication at the time but his mum wouldnt let him take accutane (bitch)

anyway the story ends well we had an awesome time and i didnt care less about his skin he was still my cousin and my best mate and a realy cool guy. now hes been on accutane and his skin is completely acne free, so all is well

Friend? No problem.

I feel kinda bad when I gotta meet my exgf's. I had almost no acne (a few pimples like anyone else) till 21.