Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ASM

cetaphile moisturizer irritation

Been doing CSR for over a week now and starting this morning my moisturizer seems to be making my face red. Its only on my cheek bones and down around my nose above the corners of my mouth. Is this normal? I also notice that it burns in those areas though it has been doing that since I started. The strange thing is that it seems to cause a lot more irritation than the BP.

Been doing CSR for over a week now and starting this morning my moisturizer seems to be making my face red. Its only on my cheek bones and down around my nose above the corners of my mouth. Is this normal? I also notice that it burns in those areas though it has been doing that since I started. The strange thing is that it seems to cause a lot more irritation than the BP.

Personally I think it actually the BP underneath causing this irritation, the burning should subside within a few weeks.

I was using the Cetaphil for about a week, too, and it did the same thing to me! My skin was all irritated and greasy on top of it. :evil:

I'd say try something different! I tried the Lac-Hydrin Five twice a day, but that ended up making me peel... Brandy suggested using Moisturel instead, and she seems very trustworthy, so perhaps try that?

Jojoba oil is also good stuff. It stopped my peeling and made my face feel normal again. :)

I had that too but it just gradually subsided. It looked like I had a really bad sunburn right around my mouth for like a month. Putting on the bp did not burn at all, but when I added the moisturizer it stung at first and then continued to tingle all day long. I felt like I had fire ants crawling on my face all the time. This too subsided after a while. I'm now 2 months in and finally the irritation is almost totally gone. It's normal at the beginning of the reg.