Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tabasco

moisturizer than bp okay?

I use dual action w/spf purpose moisturizer. the problem is when i apply the bp first, then the moisturizer, they seem to clump together and i have lots of little white clumps of moisterizer/bp on my face. I have noticed however, that if i apply the moisturizer first and the bp second, there is a lot less clumping. I know dan's regimen says to apply bp then moisturizer, but is there really a problem with what i am doing? i am currently searching for a better moisturizer so i dont have this problem at all. all responses appreciated, thanks.

I've been around for awhile and there were lots of people that found that putting the moisturizer on first worked better for them.

thats a really good question. does anyone else uses moisturizer b4 the B.P.? I m thinkin of doing just that

If you put the moisturizer on before the BP, you're not really giving the BP a chance to get into your pores. A really good moisturizer that I swear does not clump w/ BP is Eucerine Q-10 anit wrinkle formula. It works really well. Also - you can just gently wipe those clumps off - that won't hurt anything.

i've been using mositurizer before bp for over a month and its great. skin no longer feels like sandpaper after i apply bp and that greasy look from mositurizer is gone.just try it and see if it works for you.

By applying BP after moisturizer (w/spf), not only is the BP not fully absorbed but you also lower the effectiveness of the sun protection from your moisturizer. It's really up to you though.

Applying the bp second will reduce its effectiveness, but as far as the sunscreen goes, it won't. Most drs now recommend applying the sunscreen first, so it soaks into the skin better, giving better protection.