Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
silent_night

What is the best over the counter cleanser and treatment?

What is the best over the counter cleanser and treatment? , please explain the results u have had with the products u bought , and tell us wich ones worked for you and wich one didnt work.

I have tried every over the counter product available and nothing ever worked great. Im now on a product made by MD Forte. I just created a thread about it before i read this one, anyway im on there face wash and facial lotion and my face is sooooo clear and smooth now its amazing to me.

Neutrogena oil-free acne wash

Walgreens alpha hydroxy lotion

On the spot bp

Eucerin Renwal aha moisturizer

from personal experience (this may not be the case for everyone), but:

neutrogena products = crap

(johnson & johnson) clean & clear line = the best

Define 'best' and what you mean by it. There is no 'best' product and there never will be a 'best' product for everyone. There might be a very good product that works for a majority of the people yet there is still the minority of people for which it does nothing. And guess what, you could be part of that minority. The only way you can obtain whats 'best' for you is to search the forums and find reviews on various products and try them out. Any other way will just inhibit your ability to acquire the results your personally looking for.

PS - Don't mean to sound mean or harsh. Just trying to reframe your thought of mind.

Try Clean & Clear Blackhead Clearing Scrub with SA first and then wash with the Continuous Control Acne Cleanser with PB in it. Use both together and you can use C&C Shine Free Oil Free moisturizer if you need it or use a 2.5 BP cream on pimples. I got this recommendation on this forum and LOVE the products when used together. smile.gif It's cheap, try them, you'll be amazed at how your skin looks and feels.

Cetaphil gentle skin cleanser is the best. Its gentle and does not dry your skin out. I even use it as shave lotion. Its great.

As for moisturizer, I use the Olay oil-free active hydrating beauty fluid that fromchicago recommended me recently. It doesn't make your face so oily and moisturizes well! I love it.

I think neutrogena works well for some people, so it's all different because clean and clear to me...isn't good at all. That is I find it doesn't work as well for me as neutrogena.

In any case, it's all different so you might want to try all that people said are pretty good and find out which one really works for you.