Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
optimus slime

Washing off the BP?

The regimen states not to wash off the BP. I was wondering, in 30 minutes after massaging the BP in, sometimes a white crust forms that is easily wiped off with something damp. The crust is very unflattering. Should I leave it there? Does this mean anything? I've been using BP for very long.

Hi optimus slime,

Yea you should leave the BP on until your next washing time.

Is it not disappearing into your skin even after moisturizing?

If you have little pieces that want to come off, you can gently brush those off with a towel or something, gently.

But it sounds like you might need to just use more moisturizer, then the BP won't get dry and crusty.

30 mins is an awfully long time. It takes me maybe 2 or 3. Perhaps take less time rubbing it in?

30 mins is an awfully long time. It takes me maybe 2 or 3. Perhaps take less time rubbing it in?

meant bp is crusty 30 mins AFTER applying :D

make sure you keep rubbing in the bp- it shouldn't dry to a white crust on your face. Sometimes it leaves streaks, but moisturizer will take care of that. Keep applying the moist. til your face feels normal. Often mine LOOKS okay, but still FEELS tight so I add a little more ;)

I get a noticeable white "crusty" line all along my jawline, as I need the medication there but don't want to rub it into the sensitive skin under my chin and my neck. I just use extra moisturizer there, and that takes care of it.