Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Rocco20v

Started Accutane - with pics

Hi everyone. I decided to post my accutane progress with a picture diary so you can actually see the results instead of reading about them. I will try to take pics once a week and post them.

I started Accutane Tuesday October 20th on 20mg once a day for the 1st month. I am also taking prednisone at the same time to avoid an initial breakout.

Im 24 and have had acne in some shape or form since the beginning of high school. It never really bothered me but I finally decided that I had to fix it cause it obviously isnt going away with age. I tried Retin-A, Differen, Clindamycin(sp?), Doxycycline, changing my diet, taking vitamin A daily, and most recently 4 sessions of Smoothbeam. Nothing fixed it but smoothbeam definitely made it somewhat better. So thats where I am now and trying Accutane.

Accutane Picture Progress

Wow your on accutane?!

You definitely have moderate acne but i'm supprised your derm perscribed this to you. I'm not saying this won't work, it most likely will but accutane more of a last stand type of thing know what I mean?

Just wondering have you ever tried using BP and a mild soap?

^^^ was gonna say the same thing, acne doesnt look too severe. well, sever enough for accutance. i know ANY acne is too much acne for all of us.

well good luck with accutane! btw, how long did you try retin a micro?

Prednisone is a steroid that is suppose to reduce inflamation and help prevent an initial breakout from the accutane.

I was on Retin-A for close to 6 months. Did nothing at all...but that was years ago that I tried it. Im also on Accutane now because I have pretty bad back acne that has never gotten any better in years.

that acne is quite similar to mine. My dermatologist classed mine as servere.. I don't think it looks too bad but it scars my face.. anyway it's Roaccutane time soon enough, so that will sort it out

Wow your on accutane?! 

You definitely have moderate acne but i'm supprised your derm perscribed this to you. I'm not saying this won't work, it most likely will but accutane more of a last stand type of thing know what I mean?

Just wondering have you ever tried using BP and a mild soap?

Ok, I am done with 2 weeks now so I posted more pics. Im definitely happy with the progress so far. No initial breakout at all, but that may still come...who knows. Only side effect is very dry lips, but aquaphor is pretty good and handling that. I created an html page that you can link to in the very first post to see my pics.

Hey Rocco

gl buddy, i had mild/moderate acne and ro-acc cleared it up for me.

A word of advice, rub vaseline on the inside of ure nose before bed, this will prevent it getting dry and prevent nose bleeds.

This is what i did and i didnt get a single nose bleed.

Also try and drink 3 litres of water a day, it will help u out a lot, after about 2 - 3 weeks of this u will see less dry skin.

Also dont use any other acne products or soaps on ure face, just water and moisturiser.

gl!

I see you have Acne Vulgaris(Why they named it that I'll never know) :-k .This is the common form of acne and you'll have no problem clearing it whilst on the RoAc.The surrounding skin is in good shape and you should be completely cleared by the time your finished.

I agree with Cubos as to not aggrivate the skin with other acne meds whilst on it.

Washing should be kept to a minimum.Once a day is enough,just to shrug off dead skin that will accumalate,followed by a suitable moisturiser.

When I was on accutane I used Vaseline Derma Care lotion....a white cream that fights the dryness very well and leaves your skin looking good.

Anyway,once your finished the course you should be sorted.

Your lucky you dont have Acne Rosacea which is a total nightmare. :-({|=

Good Luck wink.gif

Ok, Im done with one month today. My prescription has been doubled to 40mg daily. I am still very happy with my results. Actually the worst blemish on my face now is a bruise that I got from hockey, that looks like a zit right in the center of my forehead. Only side effect still is chap lips. Click the link in the 1st post to see updated pictures.