Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Stevie Lee

BARE MINERALS!!!

has anyone ever used the Bare Escentuals Bare Minerals makeup? how well did it work for you? im thinking about getting it and im not sure if i should...

has anyone ever used the Bare Escentuals Bare Minerals makeup? how well did it work for you? im thinking about getting it and im not sure if i should...

I didn't like ME even though I used it for 2 months. It made my skin itch, alot! Also it left you with this shiny almost sparkly? unnatural finish. I can't describe it was as if they put a lot of mica in it. For people with acne it made my imperfections stand out even more. The talc in BE really needs to go. Other brands don't use talc.

Guest Sincerely_Me

You have pretty fair skin, so do I, EDM made me look chalky. Joppa is better.

:clap: Everyday Minerals! no mica, no talc, lots of selections. I am fair-skinned too, but EM doesn't make me look chalky. I think it depends on your skin tone, plus the color/finish you choose and how you apply it. You can order their "free" samples (just pay shipping) to help you decide.

i thought Bare Escentuals was fine. it made me itch a little--some days a lot. the brushes suck cus they shed. and its overpriced. however, i would have kept using it if i hadnt discovered other mineral makeups cus it definately did not make me breakout. i have tried JLynne (too sheer, not enough coverage), Everday Minerals (all the different formulas including matte and intensive and i found that once you finally applied enough to make it cover spots you looked cakey and had big pores) and finally Joppa. Joppa is my favorite. i apply one light layer and it covers very well, looks matte and healthy, and my pores are not enlarged. I recommend Joppa.

Joppa is my favorite. i apply one light layer and it covers very well, looks matte and healthy, and my pores are not enlarged. I recommend Joppa.

hi longshot -- which joppa formula do you use? i have VERY oily skin that is also very red, and would like to try that line.... what formula do you think i should try?

hey, i ordered the foundation sampler which comes with a soft coverage and a full coverage sample and the finishing powder. None of these seem sample-sized to me and i expect them to last a long time since i need to use so little. i ordered the two foundations in different colors (medium 2 and medium rose). as it turns out i am right between the two and so i mix a dab of medium 2 (full coverage) with a dab of medium rose (soft coverage) and i swirl my brush around and that is what i apply. it covers really well with ONE light layer. i am not kidding--i only have to apply one layer. i have lots of red marks from recent acne especially on my cheeks. i have never tried the full coverage or the soft coverage alone (i always mix them) so i cant really tell you how they compare to each other. i know i was warry of the full coverage cus with other mineral foundations that offer a lot of coverage i always end up with a cakey look and big pores. that was not the case with this stuff. i recommend the foundation sampler because it gives you the opportuinty to try both coverage levels and two colors if you like (plus it includes the finishing powder). if you really want to try one formula or the other you should probably check out the joppa message board on their website and ask for a recommendation. Amy, who i think runs the whole joppaminerals company, gives pretty good advice and might be able to help you decide what is best for you.

I have oily skin as well and i really like that this stuff makes me look great all day and it doesnt get darker as the day goes on when it mixes with the oils from my skin like other mineral foundations i have tried.

sorry i couldnt give you a firm answer about the coverage level, but that foundation sampler is a total deal at $10 (i think that's how much it is).

I just went and looked up everyday minerals and i found a free kit u can try the different foundations and blushes and things its pretty cool so i only had to pay for shipping. I will just give it a try to see how it works, cause i was also goin to order bare minerals im glad i didnt.....

I gave in to my curiosity and tried the EM sampler, I was very disappointed given all the raves I read on this forum. I am so glad I didn't spend more money actually order it. I got to say, Joppa is a hard act to follow because it's so good. I am going to forever be a Joppa customer.

The full coverage really covers a lot so I always recommend people to start there. The soft coverage is awesome too. For most people starting on Joppa, there skin is a bit messed up so the full coverage corrects the problem. After the skin heals that's when people move on to the soft coverage.

Clear dream, I swear you won't find any other mineral makeup like this. It's just awesome. I can't say one bad thing about it. And Amy is a wonderful person too.

I started using Bare Essentuals about 4 months ago. At first it was great, it didn't break me out or anything. Now four months later I have many, many little shallow pustules all over my cheeks. I know its from the BE/BM makeup line. Although, it could also be from the brush which collects my oil. I wash it every week. I dunno, I've spent alot of money on it. Sucks that it isn't working for me.

I started using Bare Essentuals about 4 months ago. At first it was great, it didn't break me out or anything. Now four months later I have many, many little shallow pustules all over my cheeks. I know its from the BE/BM makeup line. Although, it could also be from the brush which collects my oil. I wash it every week. I dunno, I've spent alot of money on it. Sucks that it isn't working for me.

Welcome to the .org Katyblue! :wavey: