Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

and proceeded to stare at my back/shoulder/chest keloids in the mirror. I wanted to take a razor blade and just cut them all out. Shirt shopping is such an extreme downer.

Then I stopped trying things on...bought turtle necks and tshirts...and did not look in the mirror anymore.

And that is all I had to say.

The money thing is true....except then I feel guilty for spending it.

And acne isn't the problem. My scars are the problem. Scars that will not go away and that my dermatologist did little to help and the nurse for the local plastic surgeon didn't give two shits about to help me find a doctor that performs excisions.

ME TOO ME TOO!

I love clothes shopping but I always avoid going into the dressing rooms... I try a shirt on, I see my disgusting back/chest... if I try on pants, I see my thunder thighs. *hangs head*

EXACTLY!!!!!! FINALLY SOMEONE GETS IT!

Then I have to bring extra clothes in with me because if I think a tank top is cute I have to try it on with some sort of sweater over it to make sure everything is covered, etc. Sleaves have to be long enough, neck lines have to be high and narrow enough...

And jeans! Not only am I short and have a hard time finding jeans that don't eat my feet but I have to find ones that will cover my ghetto booty.

Man...we should go shopping together!

God, i know what you mean about having to find something that covers up certain areas! The stuff i would have loved to wear but had to walk past because the neck was too low or because the sleeves weren't long enough to cover up the tops of my arms :( luckily for me i'm able to wear some of those things now but i still feel self conscious that my scars or marks are showing, even when they've faded. I guess i just got used to the feeling. I can't stand changing rooms either, must be one of the quickest ways to turn a good day into a shit one.I just buy stuff and pray it fits... or only go into changing rooms where i know there's dim lighting or a hook over the mirror which i can use to cover it up with. I also get paranoid that someone will come in when i'm getting changed and see all my scars, (it's happened before) so i have to get someone to hold the door shut just in case. :ninja: i'm so sick of this

I hear ya! There are some places with the changing rooms right in the in main walkway of the store (like Delia's) and any freaking tall guy that comes walking buy will see EVERYTHING and I'm so scared that someone will walk in on me and see my scars, too! I do the same thing, just buy crap and hope it fits. I dread summers...tshirt shopping is the worst because all the sleeve lengths are so different. I have keloids so mine aren't even going to fade...just stick out all over the place and look like I "got into a fight" as someone once put it. Grrrrr!!! I'd rather still have acne!