Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

:wavey: Hey Peeps!!! how you all doin??? Well i thought I'd share my experience with the tane with you all lol lets hope it all goes gewd otherwise i dunno what i'll do!! :confused: Anyways....I'd say I have mild/moderate acne and i also have eczema of some sort which really sucks! Well its taken me nearly a year to get this stuff and the perscription finally arived in the mail today so i was all like "yay!!!" haha... I'm doing one 20mg tab a day for the first month then after that 2 tabs everyday....so hopefully that will do the trick! :razz: ... I'm actually not that scared about the side effects even though i know i will get alot of them including increased eczema, muscle pains/spasms. The main problem is 2 of the main nerves in my neck are totaly screwed because the surrounding muscles are strangling them, everything ive tryed to lossen them up fails so i just put up with the pain...im used to it though (the neurologist i went to wanted to inject kortizone into my neck but i didnt let him and im meant to take these tabs everyday but i dont coz my main concern is my crap skin) anyway theres no point in getting scared about the side effects coz thats just extra stress which i dont need lol! My only qu is what foods should i stay clear of? in otherwords...what foods are rich in vitamin A??? Neways i take my first pill tomorow morning and i cant wait! I'll post everyday for whoever is interested in hearing my rambles haha!!! i wish all you guys the best of luck! ;) XxOoxX - ~BJ's GuRL~

P.S : if your wondering why my name is BJ's GuRL its because im fully in love and obcessed with Bon Jovi HeHe!!! :cool:

Hi, the only foods i can think of rich in vitamin A is Spinach, Sweet potatos and Carrots but thats because i love them and cant get enough of them.

I dont think you have to worry about it. A serving size of any vitamin rich food wont hurt you it's the vitamin A supplements that could get you sick.

Good luck with the tane and your neck.

Also i love Bon Jovi,Great band. Jon is a beautiful man inside and out! lol

Hi, the only foods i can think of rich in vitamin A is Spinach, Sweet potatos and Carrots but thats because i love them and cant get enough of them.

I dont think you have to worry about it. A serving size of any vitamin rich food wont hurt you it's the vitamin A supplements that could get you sick.

Good luck with the tane and your neck.

Also i love Bon Jovi,Great band. Jon is a beautiful man inside and out! lol

Hey gurl! hehe he sure is!!! :wub: Hows your treatment going?? good i hope! :)

Well i just woke up and im eating a creamy pasta dish, glass of water and then im going to get a glass of milk and take my 1st tab! :wacko: wish me the best...im gunna need it lol! I will update everyday as this is a good way to vent how im feeling ive found :) all the best to all you guys out there!!! XxOoxX!

Well later 2day i went and brought QV moisturiser(i'll see how it goes) and sun sense lip balm SPF 30+(feels soooo good on!!!) HeHe so im set...hopefully lol! Well obviously nothing to post 2day for side effects...i did however get REALLY tired about 2-3 hours after i took the tab and fell asleep which was weird lol but i HIGHLY doubt it had anything to do witht the drug this early :lol: I shall post again 2moro, these forums rock!!! ;)

XxOoxX!

Hello Girl, Good luck with your Accutane treatment!!!

I hope it will get you the results you want ofcourse, I think everyone reacts differently to accutane so let's follow how you are doing :D

IPB Image

Hello Girl, Good luck with your Accutane treatment!!!

I hope it will get you the results you want ofcourse, I think everyone reacts differently to accutane so let's follow how you are doing :D

IPB Image

Thx Amber!!! i wish the same 2 u :) XxOoxX!

Well this morning i woke up the same as i did yesterday :razz: I just took my 2nd tab then :D

Peace out folks! take care XxOoxX!!!

Helloz :wavey: hehe i luv that smiley! Well nothing realli to report i have been going to bed ALOT earlier than normal which is very weird lol guess its a good thing though....6am is not a decent time to be going to bed every night ...or should i say morning. however the last two nights ive been in bed around 12:30pm so thats a huge difference :razz: Apart from that everythings the same. I just poped my 3rd pill and i think im gunna turn into a cow with all this milk im drinking lol!!! Newayz will post again tomorow, peace out! XxOoxX!!!

Howdy! well its day 4 and im eating my breakfast which consists of icecream lol ....its because we have no milk in the house to take my tablet with haha. Anyways the only weird thing i have really experienced so far would be last night wen i stayed over my mates place i had a few ciggies and chucked straight after my 3rd one...i felt so sick....this has never happend be4. I guess its good though cause i hav been trying to quit and for aboyt 4 months i havent had any untill last night, so i guess i wont be doing that again anytime soon lol! Apart from that im getting a few more zits and yea thats it. Im also a bit more tired. I guess all the nasty ones will kick in soon haha :razz: Okies take care all! untill next time! XxOoxX!!!

Well well well...day 5 and nothing to report really...just feeling extreamly tired allt he time and yea thats bout it so far lol. Sometimes my eyes start stinging for a minute or so and they water but i dunno if this is related to the medication...it could be coz it didnt have this be4 taking the tabs lol. Nothing major though :razz: XxOoxX!!!

Day 6: hrmm i feel so ratshit atm... i guess coz its not just acne i have....ive got some other skin condition that i have no idea of...i had it be4 i went to the derm but because i was hell emotional in there all we did was talk about the acne and no tthe other thing...i have no idea what it is....probally some form of eczema that makes my whole neck go red and inflammed and hell itchy 24/7....it sux :( ive had it for ages...

Neways apart from that...nothing has changed skin or oil wise yet... and i guess nothing has changed with what i mentioned above either its just that its really getting me down ALOT l8tly...coz even if the acne clears up i dunno if this other thing will and its just as annoying...actually its even more annoying than the acne and thats saying something! Meh...i dunno i'll stop complaining now lol the only side effects ive had so far are: weird eyes that sting and water and go blurry ...its fully weird lol, nose is kinda peely and im always so tired. Well i wont be posting for another week coz i have to go stay at my mates place. I'll post wen i get bak, take care peeps! XxoOxX!!!

umm, the neck thing MIGHT be from bp. were you ever on dan's regimen? even if you didn't put it directly on your neck, it can still get irritated and extra-sensitive to touch. then when you scratch it, it stays red for a longass time. try moisturizing it and keeping bp and other products like it away.

umm, the neck thing MIGHT be from bp. were you ever on dan's regimen? even if you didn't put it directly on your neck, it can still get irritated and extra-sensitive to touch. then when you scratch it, it stays red for a longass time. try moisturizing it and keeping bp and other products like it away.

Heya! nah i've never used anything like BP before... it all started when i once used this tee tree oil face and neck wash stuff and it became infected and inflamed and stuff and ever since then i havent been able to get rid of it, it fully sux!!! 24/7 im saying to myself "dont itch dont scratch!" arghh...sooo annoying!

Well its been nearly 2 weeks. Im feeling pretty down atm... my hair is the only thing i really like about my appearance and it seems that on my left side of my scalp near the back...its thinning heaps and it actually looks like its going bold :cry: so i dont know wether or not to continue with the tabs, i feel so crap...i dont think i'll be able to cope with having a big bold patch on my head... and then i think well i cant cope with having bad skin either so then i get confussed and think even more... like i can always wear hats and stuff to cover up the hair but i cant exactly cover up my bad skin and then i think even MORE like if i go out to a dinner or something i cant exactly wear a hat...and im nearly 18 and theres no garentee that roaccutane will work or last and the hair loss will just keep getting worse im guessing and omg arghhh i dont know what to do!!! i cant believe this is happening :( what do you guys think??? XxoOxX!

Well its been nearly 2 weeks. Im feeling pretty down atm... my hair is the only thing i really like about my appearance and it seems that on my left side of my scalp near the back...its thinning heaps and it actually looks like its going bold :cry: so i dont know wether or not to continue with the tabs, i feel so crap...i dont think i'll be able to cope with having a big bold patch on my head... and then i think well i cant cope with having bad skin either so then i get confussed and think even more... like i can always wear hats and stuff to cover up the hair but i cant exactly cover up my bad skin and then i think even MORE like if i go out to a dinner or something i cant exactly wear a hat...and im nearly 18 and theres no garentee that roaccutane will work or last and the hair loss will just keep getting worse im guessing and omg arghhh i dont know what to do!!! i cant believe this is happening :( what do you guys think??? XxoOxX!

Wow I haven't heard anyone having hair loss that bad on this board yet. I really feel for you. That was my BIGGEST concern when taking accutane. I cannot say what I would do if it started to fall out that bad. I have been losing more hair but I just switched birth control as well and any fluctation in hormones can cause that. So I guess my only advice is to talk to your derm. I think you are struggling with what you can live with and that is a personal decision, but I have heard some people complain that their hair never grows back. EEK! So good luck to you and hopefully you can figure out what works best for you.

Wow I haven't heard anyone having hair loss that bad on this board yet. I really feel for you. That was my BIGGEST concern when taking accutane. I cannot say what I would do if it started to fall out that bad. I have been losing more hair but I just switched birth control as well and any fluctation in hormones can cause that. So I guess my only advice is to talk to your derm. I think you are struggling with what you can live with and that is a personal decision, but I have heard some people complain that their hair never grows back. EEK! So good luck to you and hopefully you can figure out what works best for you.

Thx Gurl! :) i'll see how it goes i guess.. hope all is well with u!

Well i havent posted on here for a while so i thought i'd drop in and say wots been goin on lol

I've nearly done 1 month of 20mg and i cant exactly see any improvement so far...hopefully it'll start soon! my hair is whats freaking me out...theres one spot in my hair where its really thin and looks and feels odd...like as if it may be going bold!!! i pray to god its not arghhh! appart from that...my eczema is pissin mi off sumfin bad as usual and my lips are dry and a bit sore...overall nothing to bad! i go back to the derm on the 10th of november and i then start on 40mg so fingers crossed i dont get a horrible IB!!! Oh yea...im always so tired!!! its unbelievable lol. Neways will try and post more often! let me know how all u other peeps out there are copeing!! :) XxOoxX!!!

Hey What's the QV lotion like?

Are you from Aus as well?

If your lips get yucky try some Carmex too- it looks like it's something you'd find in your Nan's draw- ie a weird yellow tin

But... it works wonders

Good Luck :D

Hey What's the QV lotion like?

Are you from Aus as well?

If your lips get yucky try some Carmex too- it looks like it's something you'd find in your Nan's draw- ie a weird yellow tin

But... it works wonders

Good Luck :D

Hey Jane!! yupo im from west aus, how bout u??

the QV lotions are amaxing!!! seriously! if you've got sensative skin like me (ive got eczema on my neck) they are really great, it doesnt flare it up more than what it already is! or even if you dont then they would work so much better!! i use the "QV face range"

Thx for all that :) Hope everything works out good for you aswel!! keep me posted! ;)

Howdy Peeps! its been a while since my last post so here it goes..

its been 1 month and a few days sinc ei started taking 20mg of roaccutane, so far i have seen a little improvment i must say, but its still early days i guess coz i go up to 40mg next month.. i was going to start the 40mg yesterday but i have my 18th bday next week and a robbie williams concert to go to a few weeks after that :D ...so i dont wanna risk having a huge IB for all that lol! Side effects wise ive been having really sharp dagging pains in my chest...feels like im havin a heart attack or sumfin, not that i would kno for sure what that feels like but it hurts like hell and is really scarey and my breathing is playin up big time lately aswel(ive also got asthma) so im not sure if any of this is connected or not but ohwell, and also my blood pressure is high aswel...its always been perfect before starting accutane so im really not sure about that either but yea i'll keep trecking and see how it all goes :razz: oh yea also ive been having bad tummy pains but thats linked to my IBS...oh and of coarse the chapped dry lips haha!

Neways... i went and seen my Derm a few days ago and he said it seems as though im going okay on the drug so he doesnt need to see me ever again unless i have any more troubles and i asked him about the monthly blood tests and he said i just need to have this months one done and then he said he wouldnt woory bout having any more...its unessisary :confused: ...hrmmm...as much as i hate having them done im still going to get them done just in case and expessialy when im upping my dosage soon :think: meh neways moving along.. he also gave me this lotion for my neck called "Desowen" its for the treatment of Corticosteriod Responsive Dermatoses .....LoL so fingers crossed that works! :pray:

But yea i shall post again soon and i hope every1 else is going good!

XxOoxX!!!

Side effects wise ive been having really sharp dagging pains in my chest...feels like im havin a heart attack or sumfin, not that i would kno for sure what that feels like but it hurts like hell and is really scarey and my breathing is playin up big time lately aswel(ive also got asthma) ...oh yea also ive been having bad tummy pains but thats linked to my IBS...oh and of coarse the chapped dry lips haha!

Hey good to see you here again. The chest pains don't sound good. I seem to get heart burn more often now that I take accutane. As for the breathing, at first I felt really strange and itchy deep in my chest when I started accutane. It felt like I couldn't get air even though I was. Now this is totally off the accutane subject I know, but do you know how one knows if they have IBS. I have suspected it for some time.

Oh yeah and how is your hair doing? I hope the side effects go away for you. Good luck on the 40mg.

Side effects wise ive been having really sharp dagging pains in my chest...feels like im havin a heart attack or sumfin, not that i would kno for sure what that feels like but it hurts like hell and is really scarey and my breathing is playin up big time lately aswel(ive also got asthma) ...oh yea also ive been having bad tummy pains but thats linked to my IBS...oh and of coarse the chapped dry lips haha!

Hey good to see you here again. The chest pains don't sound good. I seem to get heart burn more often now that I take accutane. As for the breathing, at first I felt really strange and itchy deep in my chest when I started accutane. It felt like I couldn't get air even though I was. Now this is totally off the accutane subject I know, but do you know how one knows if they have IBS. I have suspected it for some time.

Oh yeah and how is your hair doing? I hope the side effects go away for you. Good luck on the 40mg.

Heya :) yea the whole breathing/chest pain thing is weird but ohwell i'll cope lol. Well i had to go have a colonoscopy done for me to be diagnosed wit IBS ...haha yea groose i know :razz: but as far as indications of having it, i have really bad abdominal pains..sometimes they are managable other times im in that much pain i cant even walk...also bloating, and also blood can b in my...you know what LOL! ...not that thats funnay :lol: but yea its really annoying and i rekon half the population has it but they just dont know it coz they dont go get it checked out properly...still i wouldnt reccomend gettin the whole colonoscopy if you think you have IBS coz there isnt much they can do bout it accept tell you to have a high fibre diet, which i dont do because i eat really unhealthy LoL...yea i gotta change that coz its playin up preety bad lately but yea lol. the hair...hmmm its goin okay i guess..hopefully it wont get to much worse when i start the 40mg! keep me posted on how you go aswel! all the very best ;)

XxOoxX!!!

Hi to all who even bothers looking at this lol!

Well tonight i started my 40mg...im just hoping to god i dont get a nasty IB coz ive got ALOT of things comming up in the next few weeks such as my best friend is leaving for good :( (im going to b sooo lost)..and there will probally b a going away partay for that n i dont want an ugly face full of red sore zits...ive also got 2 friends bday partays... i dunno....ive just got a bad feeling bout this upping the dosage thing but fingers crossed!!! :razz:

I'll keep yas updated...

Hope all is goin okay with you lot!!!

Much Luv XxOoxX!!!

Well good luck with a higher dose, really!

How are you feeling?

What day of your course are you actually?

Hey Amber Babes Thx :D

ummm i hav no idea actually lol...well i started on the 6th of october :razz:

what about you?? how are you going? i'll drop by your log after i have wrote this hehe!

bleh im feeling kinda crap...sick and sore n stuff haha ohwell..

XxOoxX!!!

oops my bad...i thought you had a log lol!!!

how u doing neways???

Hey girl,

You are right about that, I had a log.

But it is no more, I had to stop the accutane :doubt: Yeah, sucks but I just couldn't handle that stuff anymore, my eyes.....

they were so dry, to the point that I just had to close them all day and that interfered with my daily life.

I have done everything about it but it would not go and got worse so I made the decision to quite.

(I do not wanna scare you or anything, just my experience)

I really felt bad and down but I was happy to notice my eyes getting normal again and my skin actually got better and better.

Weird really I don't how.

It's far from perfect of course, as I am a perfectionist, but I am happy with it so far. I haven't gotten any huge cysts and red spots have the time to heal now, so I can't complain. I will post pictures maybe later...but I don't have a log anymore now.

I am using differin and BP now, to keep me from having heavy breakouts.

So far so good.

how r u doing?